PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
For all you roundball fans out there, I hope you've enjoyed some of the games in this year's tournament.

I just started this thread to brag about my bracket.

I've got both finalist's! I've picked Duke to win, final score 73/70.

I'm in the top 4/4% of bracketeers! (just lucky, but, yet I get a kick out of it)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Duke's right up the road and my wife teaches there in continuing education, but ordinarily I'm a NCSU Wolfpack fan, and Wisconsin is in my home territory of the Midwest. I don't who, or whether, to cheer.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Basketball? That's the game with a bunch of guys running around in their underwear, beating a rubber ball to death right?
Hardly a manly game. A manly game is played by guys on ice wearing stockings and garter-belts while hitting a rubber disk with sticks as the other guys on the ice try to knock 'em on their butt.

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
DUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited for this game. This has been the most enjoyable Duke team since Shane battier graduated in 2001. Even if Duke doesn't win, at least Kentucky won't either.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
I get annoyed by duke being jammed down everyone's throat. I'm routing for the badgers.... Even though my team is an Acc team and i should be routing for my conferences team.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
+1 @warren. Love some hockey though my Avalanche went from Division champs to missing the playoffs.
My Wildcats met their end but Duke was my other Championship game finalist. My bracket was mortally wounded on the second day of the tournament and limped into Saturday before getting a knife in the back from the Badgers.
I'll be pulling for Wisconsin though. I don't hold much ill will towards Duke (1992 was a long time ago now) but it wouldn't surprise me if they came away with the title.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I haven't been paying any attention, as I said. I did hear a rumor of possibly moving the Final Four because of all the hooplah. Did they actually move it or is it still in Indianapolis?

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
They didn't move. That would be logistically and contractually impossible. What you're referring to is no longer holding future NCAA tournament events in Indy. That has also not been decided.

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
shanelktown, I've never understood the logic of cheering for team's from your team's favorite conference. I hate the other ACC teams for the most part. The only ones I don't hate are the ones to pathetic to worry about. Had Duke lost and NC State made it to the Final Four, I would've cheered for Gonzaga or Wisconsin. The only reason I see to hope for other ACC teams' success is so it makes Duke wins more impressive and losses less embarrassing. And I would never lower myself to cheer for those Tar Holes in any circumstances.

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
Wisconsin's last NCAA basketball championship was back in 1941. Time for another tonight!
Go Badgers!

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
College sports the reasoning to cheer for conference teams is nationwide respect. A great example was college football this year and the big ten. The big ten looked very mediocre all year until Ohio state wins the national title suddenly you think hey the big ten wasn't that bad of a conference this year and possibly was the best conference. College to me is so different then like pro sports I know for hockey I would never cheer for division foes.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Okay, warren, hockey's good for you, and a big deal in N.C. with the Hurricanes ('Canes). But for us old geezers and our gals with aging eyes, we can see a basketball a lot better than that infernal little puck, so round ball is more fun for us. We see the game in real time and don't have to rely on the replay.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
After UK's loss to Wisconsin:
th

This brings a whole new meaning to Dark Fired Kentucky, doesn't it?

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Hunter comes through again!

I'm just really glad that KY DIDN'T make it further, and very glad it was WI.

KY in my opinion has too much talent and not enough commitment to their program over the course of a normal education.

College ball is a set up for the Pros and for the continuation of high dollar enterprise @ the college level.

The contrast in the two centers tonight is compelling. One a Senior (I can relate) and the other just a Freshman.

The wiley old Senior will have to try to get that kid into foul trouble with footwork and up and under moves.

That kid is blossoming into something pretty special. If he can stay on the floor, Duke will give WI all it can handle.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Pretty much watch Boston Baseball and Football only.
Red Sox opening day @ Philly. Sox up 4 to 0, top of the 8th.

indianafrank

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 15, 2014
Warren, I do not disagree with your opinion. However, I played hockey, I boxed, played football, and basketball. The only time I lost a tooth and received a broken nose was when I played basketball.

vfefrenzy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 4, 2014
VICTORY!!! TYUS Stones and Grayson Allen played like 5th year seniors. I love this team so, so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.