PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
So the government is gonna raise taxes to near astronomical levels and try to wipe out pipe tobacco as we know it? Fine. Screw them. I'm well prepared. Bring it on pigs! :wink:
In all seriousness, these packages all came today. It is like Christmas in May. These packages are the result of trades with stogie37 and kyletheaviator. Fellas, if you don't have your tobacco yet, you will soon. I also got my order in from pipesandcigars.com. Check out my haul!
Stogie was nice enough to send me some samples of some blends that he had lying around

DSCN1119.jpg

Also from stogie. Thank you very much for the trade sir!

DSCN1121.jpg

This is what I got from Kyletheaviator

DSCN1118.jpg

And here is my order from pipesandcigars.com. They were nice enough to throw in a small sample of a blend that I was curious about, which goes to show you why these guys are the best.

DSCN1124.jpg

This tobacco haul is sure to get me through the new tobacco legislation and the civil unrest that will inevitably follow.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I enjoy Butternut Burley and the Maple Street. I am not familiar with the others.

stogie37

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 24, 2012
Southport, North Carolina
Eric - received my "care package" today! Thanks for the excellent trade & prompt shipping. Wanted to let you know that I didn't blank out and forget that you tend to have to put on the boxing gloves when you smoke VA's. I sent you the McClelland 2015 as an experiment. I had that particular batch of stoved VA (2015 is pretty well the equivalent of Dark Star) tinned back in 2004 by the Bufflehead shop before they closed. Maybe when you're feeling up to a fight, you can give this heavily stoved, 8 year old VA a try - see if it's any kinder to you. Thanks again and enjoy!

Jul 15, 2011
Wanted to let you know that I didn't blank out and forget that you tend to have to put on the boxing gloves when you smoke VA's. I sent you the McClelland 2015 as an experiment. I had that particular batch of stoved VA (2015 is pretty well the equivalent of Dark Star) tinned back in 2004 by the Bufflehead shop before they closed. Maybe when you're feeling up to a fight, you can give this heavily stoved, 8 year old VA a try - see if it's any kinder to you
I was getting ready to look up the contents of that blend. I have never had a virginia aged that long before, so I am anxious to try it and see how I do, especially considering that McClelland Virginias are kind of harsh to me, so thank you very much for that. I enjoyed our trade very much and thank you again!

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
I have some of the Scotty's Milk and Honey. It's a mild smoke. It does have a slight milk taste to it while you smoke it. I got kind of a aftertaste when I was done. I don't know what flavorings they put in it. It's not a bad blend. I'll smoke it up and then decide if it goes on the reorder list or not. I don't like tobaccos that are flavored with chemicals and flavorings.
I like Scotty's Stonewall and Butternut Burley. I'll have to order that by the pound and store that away.

Status
Not open for further replies.