PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I can't resist a nicely done egg shape bowl, nor can I resist a bamboo shank, or even an amber colored stem then you could even add a Churchwarden to that, put them all together and you get one serious case of PAD. An early work by pipe maker Bill Shalosky takes all of what I just wrote and made it reality. SIGH!

banjo
c6e251c4cc573e452a4d04c02f2090e1ff1e8f6.jpeg

griffonwing

Can't Leave
Nov 12, 2014
Omaha AR
If you suffer from PAD and TAD, and hate seeing the repercussions, I can send you my address so you wont have to witness the fruits of your obsession.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
fish', you'll be the first pipe collector to have an exhibit at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. That's a beauty. Just bought my first bamboo shank pipe at the April pipe show (TAPS). It's a Bob Hayes, and it enlivened my appreciation for the genre. Mine's a straight rusticated Dublin.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

It's not a character flaw, it's chemistry. You can't help it. Nice find by the way! I really like Bill's pipes.

josephcross

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 30, 2015
Ive got the TAD and PAD bad right now. Just bought an estate pipe, and now Im ordering another brand new one (fathers day present to myself). I bought two tins a week ago, and got another tin in the mail yesterday. The only thing really suffering is my bank acct.

Status
Not open for further replies.