PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipeherman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2013
Greetings chaps,
I thought this would be a fun thread to list a character from a book, film or television show who you feel should have smoked a pipe but didn't.
My Should have been pipe smoking character is Charlie Skinner (Tv Show:Newsroom). He is the bow tie wearing, scotch drinking self confessed nerd Director of News at ACN; who takes no Sh*t but certainly gives it with quotes such as "Reese, the newsroom became a courtroom because I felt the American public needed a fucking lawyer.", "I'm a marine, Don! I will beat the shit out of you! I don't care how many protein bars you eat!" and my personal favourite "I'm too old to be governed by the fear of dumb people". He is not the star character, but I think many pipe smokers are not. I think Pipe smokers are people who generally sit back watch, listen, then jump up and put people in place with a pipe in one hand and a hot or alcoholic beverage in another. That is why Charlie Skinner is my Should have been Pipe smoker!
tumblr_m9e9gonTzy1qcb22co1_r1_500.png

Who are yours and why? :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hamlet: "To be or not to be ... puff puff ... that is the question."
"So I have heard ... puff puff ... and do in part believe."

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
There used to be an old tv show from the 80's called "The Equalizer" who's main caricature Robert Call would have suited a pipe perfectly.

mrfus

Might Stick Around
Jun 6, 2013
I think that Captain Jean-Luc Picard!
James T. Kirk was more of "Hey... Let's get drunk and find some nice looking green babes!" But Picard was more found to go in the reading room, replicate some tea and read Klingon opera... so I think he will be a pipe smoker!

planetary

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 4, 2012
SF Bay Area
My pick is The West Wing's Toby Ziegler. Already a cigar smoker, I see him "upgrading" to pipes. He's a man of principle, of conscience, he's not afraid to speak truth to power, knows his grammar, likes his whisky, and he doesn't take crap.
toby-ziegler1.png

tumblr_ltj84myRtL1qe43aro1_500.gif

westwingtv_l.jpg

drunk.gif

swampmouth

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
I think McClain?(die hard) needed to chill. I tire of stupid tough guys always winning over superior intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.