Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Mine are barely over 1/8", so probably 3.5mm. Nothing close to the wide open draws on my Ceppos, but they've never felt constricted when I smoke them.They all smoke very dry too. They are among my favorite pipes, I wish I had bought more before Les retired.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My Ferndown bent billiard, a most generous gift from a Forum's member and one of the stars of my rack, has a fine open draw, just enough resistance to keep the flavor focused.

Reactions: Ben.R.C

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
They have an open, easy draw, and are my favorite English pipes, maybe my favorite pipes of all. It's a fight between them and my Rinaldos. I have three Ferndowns and one Barber Wharfdale and I have never had a bad smoke from any of them. If they have a fault, it is that they are almost too large/heavy for just hanging from the mouth.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Similar to Ashton & Dunhills, by my experience. Like cigarmaster, I learned they were too large for my taste (so down to one, my "Sunday Only" pipe.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My Ferdown is pleasantly middle weight, perhaps even light weight, while being a full-sized pipe with an extra deep bowl. I dote on it.

dukdalf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2011
They do tend to be large. My only one is this canadian. Almost seven inches long, but surprisingly light:

Status
Not open for further replies.