lyso

Login to Send PM

How is the draw on Ferndown pipes?

Posted 3 months ago #
  2. troutface

troutface

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Mine are barely over 1/8", so probably 3.5mm. Nothing close to the wide open draws on my Ceppos, but they've never felt constricted when I smoke them.They all smoke very dry too. They are among my favorite pipes, I wish I had bought more before Les retired.

"Each of you be a light unto yourself; betake yourself to no external refuge. Hold fast to the Truth. Look not for refuge to anyone beside yourself." -The Buddha
    Posted 3 months ago #
  3. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I once owned 2 Ferndowns and both were fine smokers. The only reason I sold them was because they were too big and heavy.

Harris
    Posted 3 months ago #
  4. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My Ferndown bent billiard, a most generous gift from a Forum's member and one of the stars of my rack, has a fine open draw, just enough resistance to keep the flavor focused.

Posted 3 months ago #
  5. lochinvar

lochinvar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

They have an open, easy draw, and are my favorite English pipes, maybe my favorite pipes of all. It's a fight between them and my Rinaldos. I have three Ferndowns and one Barber Wharfdale and I have never had a bad smoke from any of them. If they have a fault, it is that they are almost too large/heavy for just hanging from the mouth.

Posted 3 months ago #
  6. ssjones

ssjones

Mod

Login to Send PM

Similar to Ashton & Dunhills, by my experience. Like cigarmaster, I learned they were too large for my taste (so down to one, my "Sunday Only" pipe.

Al

Posted 2 months ago #
  7. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My Ferdown is pleasantly middle weight, perhaps even light weight, while being a full-sized pipe with an extra deep bowl. I dote on it.

Posted 2 months ago #
  8. dukdalf

dukdalf

Login to Send PM

They do tend to be large. My only one is this canadian. Almost seven inches long, but surprisingly light:

Posted 2 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   didimauw, donjgiles, morgansteele, ashdigger, ray47, snagstangl, boffosquid, acidpox, lestrout, jaytex969, geopiper, odobenus, oldgeezersmoker, pitchfork, ben88