Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Heads up: Shikano53 is marketing his handiwork right here:

http://www.christopherpipes.com/index.html#portfolio

He's charging about what it cost him for materials, right now...get em while they're hot.

I may have broken a rule, I hope not.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
Wow those prices are amazing and I can't tell the difference between these pipes and the brand name ones that sell in the 200$ range.

Cliff_K

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 5, 2016
Ferron, Utah
Very nice work and excellent prices on those pipes. Thanks for sharing the link. I'll be keeping an eye on his sight for sure.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Agree with this approach. If the work is good, word will get out. Good way to build a rep and a business.
Make a bent bulldog and I'd likely be in.
(Especially when the prices are in CDN.)

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
All, thank you for the good wishes. I was extremely nervous and reluctant when Mike, (newbroom) asked me if it would be OK to post a link to my website. However, "the best laid plans of mice and men go oft astray." My wife told me that since I had and was spending a great deal of money purchasing what she calls little chunks of expensive wood that it was time that I tried to at least recoup the cost of those little expensive chunks of wood which she considers scandalously priced. I understand. To her, a tobacco pipe is a pipe is a pipe and they all look the same. Just like to her a motorcycle is a motorcycle is a motorcycle. They all look the same. All she knows is that my bike is red. I'm sure I could change bikes every week and as long as it staid red; she would never notice or care. Then my eldest daughter entered the discussion. Since she is the mother of the 'Supreme Ruler Dictator', AKA my grand daughter I knew I was doomed. Anyway it is what it is. My idea, and it's just my pipe outlook, is to make affordable pipes that are really great smokers while along the way hoping the form part will get better with each piece of briar. I am NOT an artisan. That title belongs to many, many folks on the pipe makers forum who I have a great deal of respect for. Several of those people occasionally hang out here as well.

I am really hoping that Santa has room in his sleigh for a lathe with my name on it but only time will tell.

Chris

loomongous

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2015
Colorado
I like what I see on your site, Chris. I will check back often, as I prefer to buy my pipes from makers like yourself. I wish you success in your crafting and sales.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
loomongous, thank you for the tip of the hat.

jndyer, thank you - I will be updating my website as I add pipes.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Good on you Chris. Just curious about your materials. Where are you sourcing your blocks and are you working with preformed stems? How are you treating the slot work?

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
I really like your pipes, Chris. I'm so glad you decided to sell them. Smoking BB 1938 in your freehand right now.

Patiently waiting for others. I already have dedicated them, in my mind, to other great blends.

eltice

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Nice looking pipes, and great, affordable prices! Good luck in you endevour!
Hope Santa brings you a lathe! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.