PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I just want to apologize for not reading the posting rules for the forums. I am used to Facebook and chat based sites that do not really pay attention to punctuation, and capitalization and use abbreviated words or letters in place of words. I also text a lot on my phone. It is not that I'm ignorant, just that its been a long time since it mattered. I have become complacent. So i humbly apologize to those who follow the rules, and have taken the time to do things the right way. From this point on i am going to make a conscious effort to adhere to the general posting rules of the site. Thanks for all your support thus far. I am learning a lot, and making new friends. That's what this is all about right?
-Shawn

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I thought it was about yelling at people for mispelling words, and then sentencing them to death by hanging.
I think I'm in the wrong place. :roll:

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
Life is not live lest lessons be learned, my lad. If all came into the knowing in the instant it would be no challenge to the living of it now would it. ?What fun would that be? And the point would be nought.

So, live thee thou life, learn by thy mistakes, and of other, forgive and be forgiven.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
This has got to be the single coolest group of people on the planet. I love the feedback, and hope to become a solid member of this community. But if i gain any more i'll be a "not so solid" member of this community:) Wisdom is far greater an attribute than knowledge. You can't teach wisdom, and a wise man will strive for knowledge. The internet is flipping amazing. It is how a small percentage of people can meet up in great numbers to share the things they are passionate about. The love of tobacco and the beauty of a hand crafted pipe along with many of the finer things in life are what this is all about. I have only been at this for 9 days, But i already know that i this is going to be a lifetime passion:) But on a lighter note.... I LOVE THIS SH!T MAN!!!! :lol: Thanks for the warm welcome!!!

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
The next generation is changing the English language. Just wait a few years. You will be vindicated.

shawn622

Lifer
Jul 22, 2012
Mount Sterling, Ohio
I already understand the kids new language. I'm bilingual!!! Comes with the wisdom of 41 years.. :lol:
gandalf: Always remember, Bilbo, when your heart wants lifting... think of pleasant things.
bilbo: Eggs and bacon. A good, full pipe. My garden at twilight. Cakes...

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Me thinks dat at 48yrs old, me is gonna be as bright as I is gonna git. I done resign meself to de fact dat soon, with each passing year, and as I develope Senility or Olttimers, me is gonna git dumber. Heaven forbid, if me was an idjut on me Wedding Day, what am I gonna be when I hit 75?

Status
Not open for further replies.