PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
Neerup has some very nice shapes and finishes. I was wondering if you Neerup owners can tell us what you think of the pipes?
They same to be on the large size, maybe 4 to to 5? (Or would thumb, forfinger, pinky be best way of guaging?) Nor surprisingly, they're a bit on the heavy side, frequently coming in at 50 to 70 grams, so I'm guess most aren't clenchers.
How about workmanship, say compared to Tod Johnson's machine made pipes? Hardware and fit?
I'm going to pickup a Tsuge or Neerup or Johnson design in the next few weeks - or not.
Thanks.
Pax

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
They're beautiful pipes and high quality, from all I've heard. Just as a matter of taste, I find the often fairly large bowls on rather spindly, often saddle stems visually imbalanced. However, I really like their elegant but light touch with the metal work, on many pipes, appealing. So I go back and forth, but don't own one.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I have a Neerup Basic Bent Brandy. I would put it up against my Icarus any day. The chamber is a tall 3, the mouthpiece is wide and comfortable, and the pipe is quite light for its size. I smoke VaPer blends in it and the combination is quite tasty.

I have another pipe by Peder Jeppesen, a 4th Generation 1931. That pipe is heavier than the Neerup, but is absolutely wonderful with Latakia blends.

Either way, both are great pipes for the price point.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I have one. A bent Classic.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/my-newest-pad-neerup
Its a fine smoker. I think I will smoke it tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.