PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Next Saturday is the annual pipe show in St. Charles. My buddy and I will both be there and have tables as usual. I may even have a couple of my own making. It's always a good time.

I was wondering who would be coming. If you'll be there give me a shout here. Also make sure and stop by the table. It's always good to meet up with fellow pipe smokers.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
It's always a good show and just remember, it's one of the few where you can still smoke inside the show. ;)

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I wish that I had saved my money when I was at school. I have a friend who lives in St. Charles, so I'd have free room and board most likely. I haven't sen him in over two years, so it would be nice to see him. Maybe next year.

rev413

Might Stick Around
Jan 10, 2013
I wish I could be there, but work wouldnt let me have it off. Oh well, there is always next year.

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
If you have never a)been to any pipe show or b) been to the St. Louis show, let me just enlighten you on a few things. IT IS INCREDIBLE. You never dreamed that there were this many people in one place who love pipes like you do. Nor did you dream that there could be so many awesome pipes in one place. But this all might be true of any pipe show. But here's why you need to make the drive to the heart-land of America.
1. It is one of only 3 shows left in America where you can actually smoke on the convention floor, amongst all the pretty pipes and tobaccos. This is absolutely invaluable and amazing. You can buy that dream pipe you've been looking for, then light it up right in front of the maker for the first time. You can sample lots of different tobaccos right there on the floor. Bring your extra pipes!
2. Yes it's only one day, but that means that it is FAST and FURIOUS. All the deals you need to make have to happen in about 8 hours. There are no fancy dinners or banquets or speakers to distract you. It's GO TIME!
3. It is VERY well attended and is a superb place for people watching. I defy you to find a place with more indoor leather hats and/or dusters.

Other than the Chicago show, it's the best attended pipe show I've seen or heard about. Last year there at 11:00 a.m. you couldn't walk down the aisles it was so packed. We are talking at least 400-500 people in attendance (it's free, by the way).
4. LOTS of Vendors of Various Kinds: Tobacco Makers and Blenders, Tobacco Retailers, Pipe Makers, New Pipe sellers, ESTATE PIPE SELLERS and REFURBISHERS, Guys Who Like to Show Off Their Canadians, Guys Who Try to Buy Entire Tables of Pipes to Sell Online, Italians.. the list goes on and on.
5. This wil be the pipe-show debut of Saint Louis' own Durango Pipe Tobacco Cigars. There are some amazing cigars that have been developed by Brennan's in Saint Louis' Central West End. I'm not a big "cigar guy", but these are by far the smoothest and most enjoyable cigars I've had. And VERY tasty.
See you there!

-Mattia

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
See you all there for sure. I'll be spending Saturday night as Sunday morning I'll be heading for Virginia to work. I'll be pulling an old rusty 30' goose neck trailer so I'll be easy to spot in the parking lot at least.

flippinbird87

Might Stick Around
Jun 25, 2012
I will most likely be there in the morning. I am looking forward to browsing the tables with my pipe clenched in my teeth, and hopefully I will meet some knowledgeable people to talk to!

Status
Not open for further replies.