PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynicismandsugar

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 17, 2015
Springfield, Mo
I found this response from Missouri State Senetor, Roy Blunt, sitting in my inbox this afternoon.
Perhaps a dim light at the end of the tunnel?
Dear Jeffrey:
Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 2058, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Deeming Authority Clarification Act of 2015.
As you know, the FDA finalized a rule in May 2016 extending their regulatory authority over e-cigarettes, cigars, and other products. The rule would specifically require these newly regulated tobacco product manufacturers to register all products and ingredients with the FDA, market new tobacco products only after FDA review, and provide health warnings on products.
H.R. 2058 would amend the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act to require the FDA to make the grandfather date for newly deemed tobacco products begin when the FDA regulation was finalized, as opposed to implementing the regulation from the first effective grandfather date of February 15, 2007.
Currently, H.R. 2058 is pending in the House Energy and Commerce Committee. Should this legislation come before the full Senate for consideration, I will be sure to keep your thoughts and concerns in mind.
Again, thank you for contacting me. I look forward to continuing our conversation on Facebook and Twitter about the important issues facing Missouri and the country. I also encourage you to visit my website to learn more about where I stand on the issues and sign-up for my e-newsletter.
Sincere regards,
Roy Blunt

United States Senator

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I see the tunnel. I imagine some light, and a beautiful picnic grove with a tin of Fire Storm and an artisanal pipe, matches and a pipe nail.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Once again I will point out what I have been saying over and over, there is a bill that is out of House Committee, H.R. 2058 that will advance the deeming date to May 2016. That would be a great fix. Not perfect, but great. It went down on a party-line vote. So remember that when you vote in November. It has zero chance if control of either the House or Senate changes hands.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
The light at the end of the tunnel is usually that of an on-rushing train (or the headlamp of an accoucheur), until proven otherwise. Sorry for my cynicism; I have little trust or faith in our public servants.
Jeffery, your email looks like an abbreviated version of one posted earlier in another thread:

New Info on FDA Deeming
I suspect that they have boilerplate talking-points which can be personalized to each constituent.

markus

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Bloomfield, IN
I just received this from Senator Dan Coats today.
Thank you for sharing your comments. This automatic response confirms I received your message. I will take your thoughts and concerns into consideration.
Sincerely,

Dan Coats
Please do not reply to this message. If you would 'like to contact me directly, please go to my website at www.coats.senate.gov.
It's nothing more than an automated response... for what it's worth, I'll let you be the judge. I was expecting something more along the lines of what @Jefferey Deal got.

Status
Not open for further replies.