GL Pease Union Square: 3 eight ounce tins

GL Pease Triple Play: 3 eight ounce tins

Cornell & Diehl Opening Night: 2 eight ounce tins

Cornell & Diehl Bijou: 15 two ounce tins

McClelland Red&Black: 5 50 gram tins

McBarn HH Pure Virginia 5 3.5 ounce tins

Solani 633: 10 50 gram tins

Lane Dark Red: Bulk 2 pounds
Can you figure out what these all have in common? ;)

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
The Solani 633 was being sold before 2007. I was buying it in 2003. A great VaPer.

jmatt

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 25, 2014
The Solani 633 was being sold before 2007. I was buying it in 2003. A great VaPer.
Oops. Yup. I just needed that one. :) Tobaccoreviews has reviews dating to 2001, which is when I think that site started.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
It is amazing how the "pending loss of blends" can drive the want to purchase more. Over the years I have built a substantial cellar and have not had the urge to buy tobacco in well over 6 months. However, since this FDA announcement, I have noticed the urge returning due to the unconformed, but very possible tobacco armegedon.

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
1) Tobacco's not likely to be cheaper in the future

2) Tobacco's not likely to be more available in the future

3) Virginias and VaPers get better with age - and those are the blends I prefer

4) I'm not going to make near as much in the future as I do now
So if you can....why not? Shoot - even my wife approved the latest order.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
jmatt: if it makes you feel better, I have 17 tins of Solani 633 aging.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I'm making the same moves, ordering around 20+ tins per week. The reasons for doing so are obvious and can't be argued with. Get it at these prices while you still can! In the post-apocalyptic world after the Great Zombie War of 2019, tobacco will be currency!

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
When I was young, people who said "The End Is Near" were seen as crazy.
Now, they're sages.
Get ready to ride the tiger. Western Civilization is going down, and that's probably for the best.
This is why, in addition to buying too many tins of Royal Yacht and Old Joe Krantz, I'm getting into growing my own tobacco.
I am told that Burleys (but not Virginias) grow better if you blast death metal at them.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I've been doing the same, but for the past five years... It's getting a bit ridiculous! Good job on your latest order! You've reminded me that I need to stock up on more Red&Black, I'm down to two tins and need at least ten at all times.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Deathmetal - I have to disagree with you on the whole "western civilization going down and that's a good thing" concept. I still think western civilization (democracy and what passes for civilization in Europe and Great Britain) is better than eastern civilization (which encompasses Asian and Muslim civilizations.)

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I still think western civilization (democracy and what passes for civilization in Europe and Great Britain) is better than eastern civilization (which encompasses Asian and Muslim civilizations.)
Good sir, I don't disagree. I think you may have mistaken what is Western civilization however.
After all, Western Civilization existed with Jane Austen and Lawrence Sterne. And, come to think of it, the Odyssey and (perhaps) the Bhagavad-Gita.
But you're right about the vast gap. Cheers.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
What about blends that were around before 2007 that disappeared and have come back recently? Like the Standard Tobacco Co.'s blends or the Dunhills. What about changes in formula since 2007? Like Crown Achievement, 3 Nuns, etc. It's just damn confusing is all.

jmatt

Aug 25, 2014
What about blends that were around before 2007 that disappeared and have come back recently? Like the Standard Tobacco Co.'s blends or the Dunhills. What about changes in formula since 2007? Like Crown Achievement, 3 Nuns, etc. It's just damn confusing is all.
The rules say it must have been actively marketed ON the effective date back in 2007. If it was marketed before February 2007, but was discontinued and not marketed in February 2007 (with proof), then it isn't grandfathered.

Status
Not open for further replies.