PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crusader

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
Nebraska
Tom "NWPipesmoker" has done an excellent job of breaking down what is happening with this madness.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mzzrFOVeqzw

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
What strikes me as interesting is that this has been coming down the pike for years, and many pipe smokers have sat by blissfully unconcerned that any of it would ever affect them, and have even encouraged it, though unwittingly and unknowingly.
The time to fight this was many years ago.
The Fed has been stepping in to regulate how you eat, how you sleep, how you drive, how you piss, how you raise your kids, what you can watch, what you listen to, what you read, and how you die for a long time, and increasing so in recent years at an alarming rate. There are so many rules and regulations now, that every one of you are breaking a law right now and could be charged or arrested for SOMETHING, if the authorities so chose to. Virtually EVERYTHING has been criminalized! And yet the sheep-people sit by content and unconcerned. And year after year, droves of people have continuously reelected the very politicians who all think this is a good and just cause.
It always starts with the best of (stated) intentions, but now they have finally caught up with our pipes!
And now folks have noticed THAT.
It will be interesting this fall to see if enough folks finally get their heads out of their asses to start paying attention to how their government works and WHO runs it. Because YOU and only YOU can stop / change this crap!

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
Number one, this is NOT the hot-ass banjo pickin' I was hoping for.
Number two, @tmb, part of the reason we're screwed is that we are surrounded by morons who think that this type of overreach is just A-Okay. They are in the vast, overwhelming majority, and I'm not even counting the navel-gazers who don't even think about this type of shit. On subjects like this, I often think back to Martin Niemoller and the concept of "by the time they came for my rights, there was no one left to defend my rights" (heavily, heavily paraphrased, of course, but you take my meaning). But it's even worse than that; far from wanting rights defended, most Americans LOVE to see other people's rights squashed, provided it is something they dislike. They just don't understand that you can't smash a pile of shit you don't like with a sledgehammer without getting splattered yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.