PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeropuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2016
I am smoking GMO corn silk in my cob. It's rather harsh on the back of my throat though. And I miss the nicotine, so I have added some flake dried red pepper which contains nicotine. Wow! What a flavor boast. Since this mixture is tax free. The costs of our hobby goes down. Another plus is that your other half will soon beg you to go back to smoking tobacco in the house. Maybe all of us will be smoking corn silk in a few years.

Mar 1, 2014
Unfortunately the rules of this forum stipulate that discussion be limited to "Tobacco" in a "Tobacco Pipe". Basically everything outside of this is off limits, and I agree whole heartedly, every thread I've seen that discusses "alternatives" has quickly degenerated.

Yes, the survival of the pipe outside of the perceived use as a Nicotine delivery system is an interesting topic, which I'm sure will be the focus of much discussion in the future, but we're not quite that desperate just yet.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I'm smoking crushed and dried Maple leaves with just a very light dose of of vanilla bean (expensive ya know) and it's quite satisfying. This is rather odd for me as I normally never smoke aromatics but what the hell. Sometimes I'll throw in a tad of Basil as I have a ton of it growing in my garden as it's one of my favorite herbs.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Before going to random plant substances, remember all those grand old blends lost in the exuberance we all feel about new blends. Many great discoveries to be made among blends on the market before 2007 that no one has highlighted in many years or ever. I like the new ones. I have a stash of them, hoping to beat the regulations, at least for a while. But there is a world of blends that have been around for decades or most of a century that are ... still here! Time tested you might say. Now it's only the pricing that scares me. Only those with nerves of tempered steel can resist stashing away at least a few more jars, tins, tubs.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
But there is a world of blends that have been around for decades or most of a century that are ... still here!
Couldn't agree more which is why I'm not loosing any sleep over this. If your whole life pipe smoking experience revolves around 'future' blends then you shouldn't be smoking a pipe in the first place. There are literally hundreds of blends out there which will not be affected by this whole FDA fiasco B.S. and if that can't satisfy ones needs I honestly don't know what else to say. Time will only tell and I'm sure that there will be a plethora of litigation going on.
In the mean time, try some dryer lint (cotton ONLY). Burns fast and is only good for about a 10 second smoke but... WOW!

aeropuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2016
In the 70's I was smoking "Blue Boar". in my pipe. Anyone remember that one?

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
You guys should quit making fun of the poor OP. All he needs is a little wrinkle cream, a haircut and some teeth and he'll be good to go.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
Yea, it is the prices that kind of scare me, i hope i does not get expensive, my dad smoke cigars and some of the are 20 dollars a piece, imagine if they double the price of tobacco. if you go to amazon and type in pipe tobacco, they will sell you blends like honey rose, and it is not tobacco, it is an herbal mix of stuff, but people smoke that in their pipes, have y'all tried those blends yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.