Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssavarimuthu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 14, 2016
Just curious what was the overall consensus on favorite online Pipe and Tobacco shops. So far, I have only used P&C. What other shops do you all recommend?
Thanks!
:puffpipe:

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

I like smokingpipes.com for all my pipes and tobacco needs.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Not sure on rules from sponsors etc, but I have used

P&C

smokingpipes.com

marscigars.com

cupojoes.com
And I really like Briar Blues, Pipestud, and Pulvers Briar for the estate and vintage tobacco needs.
Another good one for a mix is Dave Neeb at mkelaw.
To look at some boundary pushing designs I hop onto pipesart.com just to look at pictures. Scandpipes has some gorgeous ones as well.
And don't forget to check out smokershaven.

gtrhtr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2016
I use and like a few US websites, great customer care at 4 noggins, great selection of everything at sp.com. For new pipes, on average I've found the Italian site have better prices, especially on my beloved Dunhills.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
I love the detail of pipe listings on SmokingPipes.com and TobaccoPipes.com. I've gotten phenomenal customer service from CupOJoes.com and MilanTobacco.com. PipesAndCigars.com of course has an immense tobacco selection. I had a really clean and satisfactory experience with ThePipeGuys.com as well.
Different things for different occasions. :)

Jun 4, 2014
I mainly use smokingpipes.com for my purchases. I have also ordered from pipesandcigars.com, cupojoes.com and tobaccopipes.com with out any problems.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I like smokingpipes best followed by 4noggins and PC. I used to use PC equally to sp for pipe tobacco and accessories, but since they were bought out by Cigars International, I use them rarely as their prices went higher for tobacco. I never used PC for pipes as their pictures and descriptions are sorely lacking. I also use some small mom and pops stores but I keep them a guarded secret, sorry.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
To me, this question is like asking what my favorite grocery store is. The answer is that to get what you need, you're going to stop at multiple places.
Market leaders P&C and SPC are a good place to start.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Around here, Kroger ("the Chevrolet of grocery stores") has Carter Hall and Prince Albert, which I enjoy despite its somewhat downtrodden reputation.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
smokingpipes.com, pipesandcigars.com, iwanries.com, cupojoes.com, tobaccopipes.com, 4noggins.com. That's the approximate order, by dollar amount, that I have used the various online retailers. They each have specialties and unique inventory that is distinct with them.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
smokingpipes.com, 4noggins.com, tobaccopipes.com, iwanries.com, cupojoes.com, pipesandcigars.com would be my order of $$ spent.

Pipes and Cigars always seems to have the beat deals on tobacco, especially if you buy a few pounds or 20+ tins at a time. And for pipes... Smokingpipes is good, but it really depends on your tastes in pipes. Mike Law has a lot of really good estates, as well as Pipestud. I also buy from The Briary quite a bit, because ot's close and he specializes in high end and artisan pipes. YMMV

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
I don't get the chance to order near as much as I like. But when I do, 4noggins is my store.

Status
Not open for further replies.