Tags:  No tags yet. 

Favorite Tobacco-forward Blends?

(10 posts)
  • Started 1 month ago by sittingbear
  • Latest reply from sittingbear
  1. sittingbear

sittingbear

Login to Send PM

What are your favorite tobacco-forward blends? I prefer natural flavorings over "syrups," especially alcohol-flavored blends. A recent discovery that I particularly enjoy is Comoy's Cask #2 Portwood. I'm looking for more though. So let's hear 'em!

Posted 1 month ago #
  2. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I take it you are asking about aromatic (non-tobacco flavored) blends. I am one who tends to prefer alcohol-flavored aromatic blends to food flavored blends like vanilla, cocoa, pistachio, chocolate and such. I like what I consider a number of tobacco-forward aromatics. To recommend one, it is Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, which is burley based, with Virginia as a condiment, and flavored with three liqueurs, but only a pleasant background to the tobacco.

Posted 1 month ago #
  3. sittingbear

sittingbear

Login to Send PM

Yes, I should have specified that... Tobacco-forward AROMATIC blends. Thanks for clarifying! I wonder if the mods can edit my title?

I tried SWRA several years ago and remembered liking it. I do love OTC blends such as SWR regular, LLRR, and Chatham Manor. I think I'll have to revisit SWRA! Thanks for the reminder!

Posted 1 month ago #
  4. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I would recommend Peterson University Flake and Mac Baren Modern Virginia Flake. Both are tobacco forward blends.

Harris
    Posted 1 month ago #
  5. cosmicfolklore

Cosmic

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Bothy Flake, the combination whisky and latakia gives it an unusual fruity flavor made predominantly from the tobaccos.

Michael
    Posted 1 month ago #
  6. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

These are three other outliers that you might sample in small quantities to see what you think. Granger is definitely tobacco forward, such that many don't think of it as an aromatic at all, but technically it is, and molasses is the flavoring I think. It's Kentucy rough cut and authentic, if you happen to take a liking to it. Iwan Ries Three Star Blue is a good old fashioned blend as well, and to add a third, Edward G. Robinson is a favorite with some around here ... I like it. My favorite leaf and blends tend to be non-aromatic, but a good tobacco forward aromatic can be a fine smoke.

Posted 1 month ago #
  7. crashthegrey

crashthegrey

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Definitely another vote for Bothy Flake.

Posted 1 month ago #
  8. workman

workman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like Irish Flake, 1792 Flake, Royal Yacht. They are strong blends and I only smoke them in the evening.
    Many blends that are advertised as straight tobaccos have some kind of flavor enhancer. Astleys 44, F&T Cut Blended Plug, Capstan Blue, Dunhill Flake etc. I like those, but I'm not sure if they fit your bill or if they ought to be put in the non-aromatic box, even though they have "something".

Smoking is one of the leading causes of all statistics.
    Posted 1 month ago #
  9. canucklehead

canucklehead

Login to Send PM

Amphora Original Blend, or if you want slightly more aromatic, Amphora Full Aroma. Both are pretty good IMO.

Posted 1 month ago #
  10. sittingbear

sittingbear

Login to Send PM

Thank you, all, for these suggestions. Some of them I already know and love, but others I have yet to try. My TAD list is getting longer!

Posted 1 month ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   georged, cossackjack, jaytex969, nhhiggy, oldgeezersmoker, ashdigger, danimalia