PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
I like all the articles Kevin puts up for us. That's probably no. 1 in my reasons for visiting.
But in the forum threads, right here. I just had to say it. I love this forum! It has really invigorated my pipe habit, seeing all the things to try.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
I love it, if it weren't for these forums I would not be able to make it through some days!

12pups

Lifer
Feb 9, 2014
Minnesota
I'm going to get in trouble. I sometimes come here during my work days. Gotta quit doing that, or I will lose my funding source for buying.

This is the best forum that I've visited of any sort. Too many times on the metalsmithing or lapidary forums that I used to visit, a post would become a pissing contest, and I just got tired of that. I think the pipe hobby makes us all calmer and more able to accept that there's just no one way of doing things. We are a pretty open minded group, and that's what makes us great. And, that's the one and only thing. So, you can just take all of these other ideas and shove it, LOL.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
+1 Cosmic
I can't go a day without just popping in. I don't post every day but I do read many of the threads.

youngsterpuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2013
I think there should be a mobile app so I can spend all my time reading. Lol but only if it is well planned!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think of Forums as my favorite pub (as in an English or Irish pub, neighborhood bar where people go to

sip and talk). It's here when I can make it, but I don't have to keep regular hours. People observe enough

decorum so no one leaves offended, mostly. But it can still be rowdy from time to time. And the subjects

are quite free rambling while still circling around and emphasizing tobacco pipe smoking. It's sort of like

the "Cheers" bar on the old TV series.

youngsterpuffer

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 3, 2013
This crowd of people is the reason I came here. I looked through a couple other forums and came to the conclusion this was the friendliest one. You guys are like a group of friends. I don't post too much, but I'm lurking here 8-9 times a day from my phone, reading and absorbing information. You all may not know me too well but the friendly atmosphere, the intelligent minds and the kind conversations are why I'm here.

captainbob

Oct 5, 2010
I've been a member here longer than at any other Forum. In fact, I no longer visit other Forum's going on a few years now! Great bunch of pipe smokers here and Kevin runs a good ship. Quality and reasonable moderation keep this Forum the best of all Forum's.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

petersonson

Might Stick Around
Mar 28, 2013
Cleveland, TN
This site gave me a hope for humanity. I've never been cussed on this site, called anything other than my named, told to do unspeakable things with all grades of kin, cyber yelled at for anything other than someone suggesting I try a very wonderful tobacco, or disgusted by any comments on anything.
This site just makes my day better :D :puffy:

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
I would have to echo all that's been said. And, speaking as a "greenhorn," the whole piping experience has exploded to a much higher level for me, thanks to the shared wisdom, ideas, comments, suggestions, and genuine interest that the members here share with everyone on this forum.
I feel indebted to all of you. My pipe hobby has really been good medicine for me. It's probably all that's keeping me sane...well, mostly sane. :puffpipe:

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I have to agree that this forum is top notch. I find it has grown to be as much a part of my smoking experience as the pipe itself!
Incredible how a bunch of people from such diverse places, ages and backgrounds can get along with each other so well (at least usually, although that traffic stop thread seems to have got some blood boiling!)
Great to be here!

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
This forum, and the Pipes Magazine website, is a true pleasure. One of my favorite pastimes while enjoying a pipe is to read the reviews of pipes and tobaccos that you all post, and all the other pipe-related conversations going on. Thanks to all!

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I have been active here for the same reasons mentioned, quality of people, discussions and interesting articles. For many years actually since 1999 I have been a member of a Mustang Community forum. I am not as active as I once was, I still am interested just not so much in the online form.

I had sorta lost my way until I found this pipe smoking site and it rekindled my collector fire and a new world of pipe smoking and collecting.

The nature of the hobby led me to some really good people here, something I did not get a lot of from the car hobby community.

Status
Not open for further replies.