PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
What shapes are yall a sucker to buy every time you see one presented well?
For me its a Prince/Apple shape, which I never see too many of anymore.

004-004-0961.jpg

This is my Dunhill prince that I love. Great little flake pipe too.

Dunhill02-01.jpg

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I like shapes. Shapes are good when it comes to pipes. :lol:

I like Volcanos, Pokers, Apples, Bulldogs, Calabashes, and free forms.

I really don't have a favorite shape, I buy a pipe if I think it is a good pipe and speaks to me. You know things like: "Lawrence... Lawrence... C'mon you know you want to buy me.... She'll only be mad for a week or two...."

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
I really like the bent dublins and I really want to get a bulldog and another style--the "hanging ardor" if anyone knows that one. I have seen it on Youtube and it has a huge bowl and literally hangs from the mouth.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
I am a huge fan of the Danish Freehands, but for traditional I would have to go with a beefy bulldog

bjeorn

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2010
danish freehands, bulldogs/ rhodesians e.g petes 80s and soon to be the proud owner of a poker :mrgreen:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I'll second Bjeorn's choice, the Pete 80s bent bulldog. Without a doubt the most comfortable pipe I've ever held

-- in mouth and/or hand. Here it is with the Donegal Rocky finish:

DSCN0460.jpg

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
Woohoo nice 80s cortez its on of my favorites too. Heres mine. Its the 2010 St. Paddys day 80s.

Picture89.jpg

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
looking at my pipe collection i must like all shapes. but pokers catch my eye.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
For me it's has to be the bent billiard as epitomised by this Pre-Republic Peterson Supreme 69.
PreRepublicSupreme.jpg

hilojohnny

Lifer
Oct 2, 2010
I am a complete sucker for many shapes....(I'll stick with pipes for the sake of this thread)...the bulldog, rhodesian, graceful bent and stalwart straight.... :D

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
For me, the Horn and the Bulldog have always been favorites

for the classic shapes. Just the same, I also enjoy the Poker

and the Rhodesian.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
I am a lover of Danish Freehands, especially Preben Holm. Sometimes the wierder the more intriging to me.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Usually I prefer the 1/4 bent Bulldog shape, but I have to say that after handling this Caminetto, I think this is my new prefered shape. I don't know what it's called though.

It appears to be a 1/4 bent billiard, but it's a setter. The shank is square and the bottom is slightly upswept. The stem is avarage 1/4 bent, maybe a little more.

All in all, it fits the hand extremely well. It also hangs from the mouth without a lot of forward weight.

The circumference of the bowl just fits between the fingers so well, that I find myself just setting and holding it sometimes.

It is the "Duemila" that came out to celebrate the year 2000. What a wonderfully executed design. Needless to say since it is a Caminetto, it smokes great also.
Dec2010002-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.