Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smoketime

Lurker
Aug 2, 2014
I really love my va/vaper flakes, and have only recently started trying a few ribbon cut and find them great for certain times. I have some G.L Pease Stratford and Telegraph Hill on the way. I don't quite get Haddo's Delight, though people seem to love it. I think C & D Bayou Morning is great. Any suggetions on some others I should try?

trucha

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 26, 2013
Elizabethan is good. However, my go to bulk vaper is a h&h blend called rolandos own. Aj's is also pretty good.

smoketime

Lurker
Aug 2, 2014
Thanks for the tips! Since I've discovered this forum I've been going bonkers with my tobacco orders. I have some Elizabethan on the way and can't wait to try it. Relondo's Own is on my next order list! My wife says I need to dial back on the TAD, but she just doesn't understand...

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Regarding shag/ribbon cuts, Mac Baren HH Acadian Perique is mighty fine. Sold in bulk and tin.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
HU Director's Cut and Edward G.. They're both on tobaccoreviews .com and you can order from Hans at http://shop.strato.de/epages/63080810.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectPath=%2FShops%2F63080810. Enjoy!
Andy

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
Big fan of Stratford. I'm working through a tin from 2007, and even though I don't like perique like I used to, it's still amazing.
Try out McCranie's Red Ribbon. Any vintage you can find.
I'm also a big fan of GL Pease's Laurel Heights, which is a ton of red Virginias and a 2% breath of latakia for depth. That little extra really helps.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
If you like Orientals in your Virginia blends, I would try Rattray's Red Rapparee.
Listed as a ribbon cut, it's almost a shag due to the thinness and length of the ribbon.
There is a VERY small amount of Latakia in there too ... just a condiment to the blend.
I really like the Red Virginia they use in this blend and how it's balanced by the Orientals.

acutabovebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 18, 2013
Patras - Greece
MacBaren Acadian Perique is a great tobacco. Last May at the Chicago pipe show I was having a talk with Mark Ryan and he told me that there are some 10 year old Perique leafs in there. McB Buys all the expensive barrels no questions asked!!

Status
Not open for further replies.