PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
So, I'm curious, now that some of us are receiving our Escudo orders from one of our favorite sponsors, 4noggins - what is your favorite pipe to load up Escudo in? Does one of your pipes really make it sing in a special way? Do you believe that a pipe of certain chamber dimensions, or perhaps extra length, or style, or material helps bring out that Escudo goodness?
Nerd out about your favorite Escudo pipe here, and we can all compare notes.
Also curious if you think that dedicating a pipe to Escudo only is a worthwhile endeavor, or if it's too much hassle.

metarzan

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 14, 2012
I like Escudo in a smaller pipe too. Usually use a Stanwell 126 which has a small cone shaped bowl.

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
This is helpful, as most of my pipes tend towards having larger bowls. I will make a point to try my Escudo in a smaller/narrower bowl. Thanks!

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
plainjane savanelli bent billiard here.
not the biggest of bowls but, being a thick walled bowl, it seems to smoke a bit cooler with some blends and holds 2 escudo coins perfectly.

drsquat

Lurker
May 11, 2014
I have been trying to smoke escudo in a peterson 313 but just can't seem to keep it lit! Most posts seems to favour the fold & stuff method so I've been trying this with a single coin just because of the small bowl size. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong?

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
I like to use my tall narrow chambered Virginia pipes

This, they seem to do well for VA and Va/Per. Oddly though, I have a small straight bulldog Ligne Bretagne that fits a single coin and smokes it perfectly. So either one of my two Chacoms with tall, narrow bowls or that LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.