PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Just wondering what some of y'all's favorite pipes are. Mine, my avatar give a SLIGHT hint lol, is a Peterson Aran 03 P-lip. I have other Pete 03's, but this was my first as well as my firs Pete. I tend to baby it a lot more than my other pipes. Not that I abuse any of them. They all get taken pretty good care of.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
I'm cheating slightly here... one carver, one shape, two finishes.
Scott Thile's bent egg shape both smooth and blasted.

Dec 24, 2012
I love so many shapes.
Choosing just one as a favourite is tough. I guess if you told me I would be stranded on an island with just one pipe shape I would choose a bent rhodesian.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
One if my favorite pipes is a commissioned Rolando Negoita, a reverse calabash design called The Conducta. I know peck above also commissioned the same from Rolando. The cooling chamber does indeed lend a different experience to the smoke. It's my favorite pipe, although I do have a lot of close seconds as well.
IMAG1838-1.jpg

aikatal

Might Stick Around
Apr 10, 2013
I also have a Peterson Aran 03 which is one of my favorite pipes-- but I do like having a variety of shapes, styles and makes of pipes, and also enjoy my Savinellis, my Stanwell, and the others I own.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
This is the "comfortable old shoe" of my pipe rotation, and I cherish it for sentimental, personal reasons.

I have many other pipes that I love because they are such a pleasure to smoke, but this one is special.

cb4c34bd-be64-4f90-816f-0223b69d17af_zpsf796bf11.jpg
SJVanGogh2.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If I had one favorite, I don't think I'd own so many pipes. I have my favorite bulldog, freehand, Dublin, Peterson,

etc. etc. Today, maybe the Ser Jacopo bent Dublin blast. But Savenellis, cobs, Joh's, Bentons, Jerry Perry's, etc.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
If looks don't matter...I have two Custombilt pipes that are ridiculously amazing smokers. I favour my Brighams and a few other pipes for aesthetic reasons along with being good smokers but the Custombilts are fast becoming my favourites.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I have a Rad Zulu I got a month ago which is my favorite flake pipe. I have a Sherlock Holmes series Baskerville that is my very favorite. It has birdseye over 90% of it and is just an outstanding pipe. Everything smokes well in it and I am most pleased with that purchase.

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
My favorite pipe is whichever one I am smoking at that moment. If any of my pipes gets demoted to less than favorite status it get traded.

phil22

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2013
I tend to agree. All of my pipes share "favorite" status or they get traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.