PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I am looking to try a “standard” OTC. I have narrowed it down one or two of the following

Sir Walter, half and half, Prince Albert, carter hall and mixture 79

Any suggestions? I usually smoke a wide variety of styles and cuts from most of the popular blenders, so I am sure I will enjoy all of them in their own way but I still would like some suggestions

cerfer

Might Stick Around
May 8, 2017
Carter Hall FTW.
Smooth sweet and flavorful, burns like a dream, perfect for a cob.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I like Carter Hall as a mixer, but for smoking straight I prefer Prince Albert. To me, it has more flavor than Carter Hall, but, as always, YPMV (Your Palate May Vary).

johnsteam86

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2018
Sir Walter or Prince Albert. I buy a can of those every year. Great everyday smoke.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend, Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic, and Amphora Original.

slowroll

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 25, 2017
I wish I was able to find one I liked these past 40 years. As a lataholic, there just doesn't seem to be a fit.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
Actually, I take back my comment above: they have it in stock now, but bad timing: I am gonna be in Europe for about three weeks and I can't order it as it would get here when I'm away. Blast and botheration! :x

skydog

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 27, 2017
Carter Hall for me. Of all the easy to find OTC blends near me it is by far the tastiest.

Status
Not open for further replies.