PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
Clive Barker is a weird dude for sure but I really like the "Hellraiser" series of movies. Creative concept that is very disturbing.
What's yours?

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
If I had to choose just one franchise, it would be Friday the 13th. Since I was a little kid I loved that damn hockey mask wearing, machete wielding death machine that is Jason Voorhees.
I am a horror junkie, so I also love the other icons of the slasher hey-day, but have spent a lot of time watching the old classics as well.
I also do horror cosplay, here's a link to my page Mister Samhain - Denver's Horror Cosplay Performer

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
pinheader.jpg

dieseltech

Might Stick Around
Nov 18, 2010
Man this question is tough to answer as most series are slasher relative and I love slasher and Zombie flicks. but I have to say A Nightmare on Elm Street and Halloween (both the Jamie Lee Curtis version and the Rob Zombie Version) Tie for #1. Second place goes to Friday the 13th and Hellraiser. Living dead series is #1 for Zombies. I hear they are making more movies for World War Z which makes sense as there was more then one book to the series. I am excited to see how that turns out.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
I love the classic horror movies as well and spend a fair amount of time every October revisiting the Universal classics (Dracula, Frankenstein,Wolf Man, The Creature from the Black Lagoon) as well as the Hammer Film Dracula movies with Christopher Lee.
Every year I make a point of watching more of the older flicks that I haven't seen, so this last October was my first time watching White Zombie. I'm a movie nerd, so I'm always watching old movies. I have an extensive collection (for an almost 30 y/o) of horror movies, blaxploitation movies, spaghetti westerns, samurai movies and kung-fu flicks.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
Seemed relevant enough talking about horror movies. Here are a few pics of me at a horror film festival I appeared in-costume at with some of the featured guests.
Me as Freddy Krueger with Gunnar Hansen, Leatherface from The Texas Chain Saw Massacre.

img_2641-496x600.jpg

Tony Todd, Candyman of the Candyman movies with the festival director and myself.

img_2632-600x491.jpg

Myself dressed as Jason Voorhees with Michael Berryman of The Hills Have Eyes

img_2275-400x600.jpg

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
@hunter, ya know I have seen a lot of fans that love the Phantasm series, I watched the first one and didn't get it. May have to watch it again to see what I missed the first time around.

vespertillio

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2012
Gonna have to go with Halloween here. That piano riff still gets me every time. Throw in Phantasm, Evil Dead and of course Friday the 13th here and a nod to Leatherface too. :)

boilermakerandy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2014
@huntertrw, I had forgotten about the Phantasm movies. I love those, thanks for bringing them up. Angus Scrimm was awesome as The Tall Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.