PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgunnar177

Lifer
Apr 5, 2012
United States
So fall slowly starting to creep up on us here in WA with fall comes the looking forward to warm fires sweaters fishing and hunting. And of course the holidays, so what are your favorite holiday blends? ( this is also for my next TAD order ;) )

Cheers

Gunnar

bcirka

Lurker
Aug 28, 2012
Oh my! I LOVE Boswell's Christmas Cookie (and also Berry Cobbler). It definitely starts to get you into the Holiday spirit! And others love the aroma.

bcirka

Lurker
Aug 28, 2012
CigarsandPipes.com has an Eggnog tobacco, which can be added to their sampler pack. I'm thinking of biting of the custom sampler pack.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
The only thing I smoke differently in the winter is that I smoke more lat heavy blends. I don't smoke aros, so all that eggnog/Christmas cookie stuff holds absolutely no appeal for me.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
I'm not much of an aro man. Had the Peterson Chrstmas stuff and found it very sweet. I also had the McClelland holiday stuff which was OK but I'll most likely stick to my lat blends and when I get a sweet tooth I have Autumn Evening on hand.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Holiday Spirit is my favorite holiday blend. It reminds me of Christmas every time I smoke it, and they just released the 2012 a few weeks ago!!

akpipe

Might Stick Around
Aug 28, 2012
I'm partial to Ennerdale flake for a holiday crowd; it is a love it tobacco, a not sure but will eventually get it, or a just leave it lake land briar ghosting tobacco.
I liked it from the start and my family and friends like the smell.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
GL Pease Odyssey.
I know that's not normally considered a holiday blend, but it absolutely is my "seasonal" winter/Christmas holidays smoke. Something about it just brings up those associations. It's even gotten to the point where I rarely smoke Odyssey except from Nov to Jan, just to preserve those associations. As soon as I fire up a bowl I immediately think of setting up the Christmas tree, hanging stocking, snow outside, blah blah blah.
Otherwise, my favorite holiday blends would be Autumn Evening and Exhausted Rooster. Autumn Evening always make me think of the Fall (a well-named blend, as I think of maple as a basic autumn-type flavor), while Exhausted Rooster has a topping that reminds me somewhat of egg nog.
Sorry if this isn't exactly what you're looking for. I've tried many, many "holiday' aromatics, and for some reason haven't found one that grabs me. And it's not that I hate aros -- there are several in my rotation. It's just that they normally aren't what I crave come the Holidays. In fact, I usually smoke them in warmer weather....

wagnon85

Might Stick Around
Apr 25, 2010
I've always been partial to the Peterson Christmas Blends, still having some 2009 and 2010 in jars.
I have some McClelland Christmas Cheer 2007, but have never been able to warm up to it. Methinks I will give it another try this year.
Does anyone happen to know when the Peterson Christmas 2012 is due in the stores? I know the McClelland 2012 is already out.
My very favorite holiday blend ever was simply called Holiday, and was a tobacco store blend, probably from the mid-90s...and damned if I can remember where I got it. I still have a little bit.

jameral

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2011
San Mateo
I just finished a tin of McClellands Holiday Spirit and I have another in the cellar, it was the best aromatic that I've tried so far (I've yet to try any Boswell blends). I will definitely be buying some Holiday Spirit 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.