PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Just to throw the question out there. What are your favorite Halloween movies? The movies that you feel are a must see for the season. I'm hoping to get some suggestions that I may not have seen as of yet. My favorites are Halloween (of course) and Beetlejuice (I guess you can put any Tim Burton movie in there) at the top.

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
Not exactly a "movie" but I can't go through the season without It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. What can I say, a kid at heart.

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
Hocus Pocus is good one. There aren't a lot of straight up Halloween movies that aren't clearly in the "made for kids" genre.
But if you're looking to be freaked out by a scary movie, I suggest "The Rite", "The Wolfman", "The Box", "Case 39"

and if you can stomach a teen movie, "The Cabin in the Woods"

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Can't stand that holiday because I can't stand violence, murder, etc. but It does give girls an excuse to dress up in costumes for a little fantasy once a year.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Trick or treat was great fun when I was a kid. It was very rare that anything bad happened to anyone. I always enjoyed Halloween. Even though I've seen way too many of real lifes horrors, I still love a ghost story and zombie movies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Last yr I had Halloween candy duty as the wife was working. A few older ppl came around 8:30 that were in their early 20's. Normally I don't give out candy to the older "kids" but.... I reconized one gal from up the road. She is a looker for sure. I asked her what she dressed up as and her reply "Oh, I'm the Slutty Vampiress". At that point, and just for a few seconds, I kinda wished I was single. hahahahhah

pens87

Lurker
Jul 24, 2010
In on The Great Pumpkin. Classic we watch every year on dvd. Not quite the same as seeing it with the Dolly Madison commercials when I was a kid. You're really datinfg yourself if you remember those
Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow is a good one for the adults

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Sorry mate, I guess I got sidetracked. Try Hocus Pocus, Practical Majic, The Headless Horseman(not the cartoon), Shining, Dracula's Widow, Friday the 13th's and the list is endless. Hocus Pocus and Practical Majic is good for Kids. We bought Hocus Pocus for my daughter when she was 9 yrs old and it is still one of her favorites.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Trick 'r Treat is by far my favorite halloween movie. It is a compilation of a few horror mini movies that all relate together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUqsXvBAqRY

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
It is awesome. They removed it from netflix this year and I am bummed! I will have to go buy a copy.

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
None in any order:
Trick R Treat

Satan's Little Helper

Silent Night Bloody Night

Tale of Two Sisters

People Under the Stairs

Suspiria

The Devils Backbone

Hellraiser

The Exorcist

Ju-On

The Changeling

Holloween

American Werewolf in London

Last House on the Left

The Hills have eyes

The Orphanage
Good lord... I can keep going on forever, problem is I am a HUGE horror movie buff :)

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
The Charlie Brown Great Pumpkin one is some fond childhood memories for me too.
Ooo, I forgot one for the scary list: the Nightmares and Dreamscapes series by Stephen King. They're just excellent, all 8 of them.

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
For adult/scary films, my favourite has to be The Blair Witch Project, which fits perfectly with Halloween since it was filmed in October and is quite realistic.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Halloween, hands down!

every year I watch it with the lights off, been doing it for about 20 years now so it's become a ritual...and it's scary every time!
Ju-on (scared the crap out of me)
Sleepy Hollow with Johnny Depp
I'm a horror fanatic, any scary movie I'll watch

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
The problem with good horror movies is that inevitably a terrible sequel, or sequels, get made. Blair Witch, The Grudge, Paranormal Activity, etc...
I really wish I could forget completely the fact I sat through The Exorcist 2.

mick

Can't Leave
Aug 13, 2012
The problem with good horror movies is that inevitably a terrible sequel, or sequels, get made.
No way, man, Saw 528 was so much better than Saw 382!

Status
Not open for further replies.