PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I was searching the internet and ran across this little gem of a pipe. I liked it, so I bought it at an excellent price. I don't know what the attraction was but I knew I had to have it. Part of the attraction for me was due to the bowl finish being smooth and choice of rustication location just sets this pipe apart imo. It has a few small rough spots which I think I can fix right up and make it even more beautiful. In some ways it speaks Savinelli? Does anyone have an idea as to who might have made this pipe? Any guesses?
The description of the sales ad read:
Vintage Pipe - Sand Blast Smooth - Italy
Origin: ITALY
Measurements

Length: 6 1/8"

Height: 1 7/8"

Outer Bowl: 1 1/4"
sav1-1-600x335.jpg

sav2-2-255x600.jpg

sav3-3-600x282.jpg

Ok, your next, lets hear about and see your favorite 'cheap' estate no name pipe.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I actually don't have any no name pipes, unless you count my clays. I do have two Comoys seconds, that I love. One marked The Guildhall London Pipe is a straight short pot, and the other marked The Everyman Pipe is a bent Bulldog.
The Guildhall London Pipe:

2012-04-051858481.jpg

The Everyman Pipe(It's in the bottom row, third from the left)

102_5823_zps94a6fd62.jpg

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Some nice Estates guys.

I several but this one will always be near and dear.

My first and only eBay win.

It cost more to ship than to win the pipe.
White, Viscount, Adjustomatic, Dr. Grabow Poker

(Working from memory) The Patent number is from 1942... I think.
8.jpg

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
Nice pipes gentlemen! I have to say I really like the Guildhall London Pipe & the Grabow white poker. I was just looking at a white Dr. Grabow bulldog earlier and thinking of getting it.
(Still searching trying to find information on who might have made the pipe I recently acquired.) Well, it should be arriving end of the week.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
My first estate pipe was a "no name"- its been buffed/worn away. All I can make out are Made in England and a few letters that I can't recall. Nonetheless I love it:
B841970A.jpg

F9024E41.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.