Favorite Dutch (and/or Scandanavian) Tobaccos?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpicking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Those are two regions of tobaccos that are pretty weak in my collection. I have Troost, Sail aromatic and regular, and Skandinavik full aroma. I really enjoy all of them, and I'd like to add to the list. Any recommendations?? (Especially some of the more aromatic blends.)

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I'm not sure you can get any other Dutch blends over here. You might be able to find Amphora on an overseas site. Clan is Dutch, too, IIRC. I never smoked either of 'em, even back in the day. I think Flying Dutchman is not sold any more. (Here's a link to Synjeco, that carries both. Prices are in Swiss Francs.)
The only Scandinavian country that I am aware of that has a pipe/tobacco industry of any sort is Denmark. The most famous Danish house is MacBaren, of course. My absolute fave of all their blends is HH Vintage Syrian.

tpicking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Jud writes: "I'm not sure you can get any other Dutch blends over here."
Bummer - any idea why??

tpicking

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
BTW, my bad - I have Mac Baren's Dark Twist and vanilla and like them a lot. I'd just assumed from the name that Mac Baren was Scottish.

juvat270

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 1, 2011
I have Troost, Sail aromatic and regular, and Skandinavik full aroma. I really enjoy all of them, and I'd like to add to the list. Any recommendations?? (Especially some of the more aromatic blends.)
If you enjoy those, you would definitely enjoy W.O. Larsen Old Fashioned. All of the W.O.Larsen blends I think are pretty good (1864 and Signature) but Old Fashioned is permanent cellar tobacco for me.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
I hear great things about W.O. Larsen blends in general and Old Fashion in particular. The Old Fashion is now at the top of my TAD list.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
If you are interested in ordering from the source, I would highly recommend Paul Olsen's 'Haddock" from his "My Own Blend" series. One of my favorite Latakia blends.

Apr 6, 2013
I wrote a little review of W. Ø. Larsen's Old Fashioned a week or so ago, I will really recommend it. Besides Larsen there is Orlik, and Orlik produces maybe a 100 or so different brands of tobacco now, that they have taken over production from, actually Larsen is produced at Orlik, and Dunhill, to name a few. In Denmark that is. One of my favourites was Orlik's Bullseye, but it has just been discontinued :(
Edit: Deleted after reading Forum Rules

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just a note, the ever popular Five Brothers is a Danish tobacco imported by Lane.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
I hear great things about W.O. Larsen blends in general and Old Fashion in particular. The Old Fashion is now at the top of my TAD list.
Personally, I like the "Classic" a lot more than the Old Fashioned, but all of them are pretty good. My absolute favorites from Larsen are Selected Blend No. 50, 32 Square Cut, and Special Edition 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.