PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
There are so many classics and we've all watched them a ton of times. You old codgers, how many times have you watched the original Miracle on 34th Street or It's a Wonderful Life? I've watched them plenty and I'm 28.
If you had to pick just one Christmas movie to watch for the rest of your life every December, what would it be?
I have a few all-time favorites that I won't go a Christmas without:

Die Hard (It is a Christmas movie, don't say otherwise), Bad Santa and Scrooged.
But ... if I had to choose just one, it would be National Lampoons Christmas Vacation.
shitter.jpg

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
My family traditionally watches two movies each Christmas:
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Elf (more recent addition to the tradition)

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
My must watch movies for the holidays are...
1) Scrooged

2) A Christmas Story

3) The Grinch

4) Die Hard

5) The Muppets Christmas Carol
One of my favourite lines from "A Christmas Story": Some men are Baptists, others Catholics; my father was an Oldsmobile man!
-- Pat

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
part of our tradition of putting the tree up is having White Christmas playing.
Christmas eve is smoking a nice cigar while sipping some Bookers with National Lampoons Christmas Vacation on the TV.
gotta love Eddie and Beverly ain't exactly hard on the eyes.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Christmas Story is so iconic now, I have no link to the era except having a "Red Ryder". Its a wonderful memory for me too.
White Christmas is also a must for me...Danny Kay is a fav of mine.

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
Christmas Eve it is always 'White Christmas' and "A Christmas Carol' with George C. Scott playing Scrooge. If I were limited to one, it would be a Christmas Carol, it is the classic Christmas story, and might have been Dickens best delivered social criticism.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
+1 for The Ref.
Forgot about that one. Not a must for me, but I do like it.
I'm glad I'm not the only one here who would take a Christmas comedy over the more tried-and-true classics.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
This really isn't a "movie".

But, it does have a redeeming Christmas message, and pipes.
The Blue Carbuncle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAcQQefQeDY

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Christmas Story hands down also!

Honorable mention to Holiday Inn. Has Bing, pipes, and better then White Christmas (but still has the song)

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
I'm glad I'm not the only one here who would take a Christmas comedy over the more tried-and-true classics.
If you like Christmas comedy then check out a song by The Pogues called "Fairytail of New York" for a luagh. Make sure the kids and Mom aren't in the room. lol

rosney

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 12, 2012
I think I will have to go with Home Alone. All the ones already listed are classics, but I love watching Home Alone with all the nieces and nephews!

Status
Not open for further replies.