PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
In the interest of tring new blends and secert santa will every one post some of the things they like ie. FVF, va/per aros, english, balken etc and also some of your favorite blends there is probably a thread out there but taste change and I did feel like looking for it
For me I am so new I dont have alot I like the VA's I have had and I like both aros and non aros latakia would be my least favorite as of yet but I am trying to aquire a taste for it.
So far my two favorite blends is McB black ambrosia and two friends bed&breakfast

mrbrandybuck

Might Stick Around
Aug 17, 2010
Massachusetts
I've got several favorites. I'll list a few of them.
Savannah by TobaccoTraderUSA is a cavendish with hints of vanilla.

Autumn's Evening by Cornell and Diehl, an aromatic consisting of Red Virginia cased with maple.

All 5 of the Middle Earth pipe tobaccos from JustForHim

Dark Horse by 2 Guys Smoke Shop a dark cavendish smoked and lightly flavored. (my fav)
My favorite blends tend to be Cavendish blends and VA/PER blends. I am not very fond of burley. I love Latakia but find it a bit overwhelming sometimes as it overpowers the other tobaccos.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
Some of my favorites include:
Prince Albert

Lane Ltd. 1-Q

Park Lane Red Paramour

Dan Tobacco The Malthouse Founders Reserve

CAO Bella Vanilla

Peter Stokkebye Nougat

Peter Stokkebye Luxury Bullseye Flake
Just to name a few.

bowhatchie

Sep 27, 2010
My favorites and go to smokes would include:
1Q

Autumn evening

Balkan Sasieni

Billy Budd

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
My tastes and preferences seem to be in a constant state of flux. Best I can do is say I favor Va's, Vapers, and non-aromatic codger Burley's. I can tolerate Orientals, but I try to avoid Latakia unless I add it myself, usually at the 1-2% level. Escudo and FVF would be at the top of my short list, but I enjoy just about every true Vaper to some extent. The current rave is Rattray's Hal O'the Wynd.

duncan

Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
I am really on a Rattray's "Bagpipers Dream" kick at the moment. I can not wait for that to come out in bulk. For my daily smoke I usally hit 1Q or PA.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'm an Aro man, but I like certain non-aro blends (e.g. Escudo, PS Luxury Emglish, Balkan Sasieni, PS Bulls Eye Flake, SG Fire Dance Flake and SG Kendal Cream Flake (which really seems like an are to me...)
My favorite aromatic right now is Villiger 1888: Mid Day. Mmmmmmmm! I also love:

Lane Ltd.'s 1-Q

PS B and B

Dunhill's Elizabethan Mixture to name a few.
I've been DYING to try McClelland's 221b: Honeydew, Mac Baren's Vanilla Flake, and Rattrray's 3noggins.
I agree that it'd be great if the Secret Santa participants posted their likes here. It would make finding cool stuff for them easier.
-Jason

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
Awesome idea for a thread. My favorites are 1-Q, Blue Note, and Black Cordial. I smoke those three almost constantly XD.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
In English type blends, I have a fondness for McCelland's 5110 (Frog Morton).

For Virginia's it's a toss-up between FVF, UF and Union Square.

Aromatics is Peterson's Special reserve 2010.

Burley is Carter Hall.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I started back up with all Aro's like 1Q, Captain Black Royal, and many butter/rum flavored blends. Now I'm into a Va/Per thing with liking Beacon Extra,+St. James Woods. Also crossed path's with the English blends like Boswells Northwoods, Dunhill EMP, etc.
Still haven't found what I'm looking for.....what group sang that song?

menckenite

Jun 21, 2010
Alabama
Full Virginia Flake

Blakan Sasieni

G. L. Pease:Westminster

Mac Baren: Navy Flake

Mac Baren: Plumcake
Subject to change immediately after clicking "Send Post".

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Let's see....
Lane; 1Q

Escudo; Navy De Luxe

PS; Luxury Bulls Eye Flake

Sasieni; Balkan

Rattray's; Hal O' The Wynd

Paladin: Black Cherry OTC

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Whee! Very into aromatics / flavours lately. Just ordered a boatload--peterson xmas '10 & killarney; MacB honey/choc, CAO cherry & vanilla, 'vintage' anniversary kake & xmas'07; also a case of GLP's jack knife (a case! good lord...), quiet nights, maltese, barbary coast & cairo, and finally vintage McL organic and a couple i can't even remember. Kind of lost control of my willpower this week :|
Been wanting to try the Just For Him LOTR belnds, esp. the shortcut to ''shrooms since so many of you fellas smoke it. And if I were to imagine a non-aro I'd like to try, it would be a mix of honey & black, not acrid, but on the pungent side, with the richness of a really thick espresso served in a well-broken in saddle leather, and a smoke that hangs around my head like a halo of wool. Ring a bell, anyone?

obelus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
Portland, OR
My short(ish) list right now is (broken down into the two main categories of those my wife likes the smell of and those she does not):
Shortcut to Mushrooms

Sasha Plus (from Rich's Cigar store)

Wilke 191 and 193

Black Mallory
Escudo Navy Deluxe

Proper English (Rich's)

Real Irish (Rich's)

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
I really enjoy:

1Q, Butternut Burley, Boswells Mild English, PS Balkan Supreme, C&D Autmn Evening among others......

Status
Not open for further replies.