PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmack09

Lurker
Apr 15, 2014
Hello,
I was just wondering want were some of people's favorite Alcoholic Drink and thier Favorite Tobacco to smoke along with that drink?
My Favorite drink is Jack and Coke, and I have yet to find a favorite Tobacco since I am very new to Pipe Smoking. Sadly I can not do both at the same time right now, because I am currently on a Deployment.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
Whisky. I prefer drinking beer but it just doesn't work out right. Like the hops and the smoke don't play well.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Bourbon or Scotch on rocks always works well for me with a pipe. I'm a big beer fan but I have found so few that work well with me while smoking. I love IPA's (especially a good double IPA) and the bold hops just don't marry well with smoke. I did however tear through a growler of 512 Pecan Porter while smoking some C&D Pirate Kake this past weekend. That combo was rather enjoyable.

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
I love bourbon. Blanton's single barrel and single barrel Jack. I also love me Guiness. However not when I smoke my pipe. Tends to drown out the flavor of my tobacco so I generally drink top shelf rum or a light mojito when I smoke my pipe.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Bourbon and Irish Whisky. I also love good scotch, but its too expensive for my blood as anything decent has to have at least 10 years of age on it which usually starts around $50 for a 750ml.
I also LOVE craft beers from strong double IPAs to dark doppelbocks to trapist belgians to heffy's to porters. i'm really all over the board in the beer department, depends on my mood i guess.
I am the same way with my tobaccos and pair accordingly with what i am drinking. I really just love experimenting and trying new stuff whether bourbon, scotch, beer, tobacco or whatever. Variety is the spice of life!

conlejm

Lifer
Mar 22, 2014
Black Coffee in the morning, Green Tea in the afternoon, Bourbon or Whiskey in the evening. Occasionally dry Red Wine or a Stout (or Porter) in the evening.

reap

Might Stick Around
Feb 7, 2013
C&D Briar Fox and Talisker 10yr;

PS LBF and rum & coke;

Anything and Molson Canadian.

escioe

Oct 31, 2013
I also love good scotch, but its too expensive for my blood as anything decent has to have at least 10 years of age on it which usually starts around $50 for a 750ml.
Bowmore Legend is great, something like 8 yrs old, and around $30 in all the parts of the US where I've lived.

anglesey

Can't Leave
Jan 15, 2014
Wow, I had no idea scotch was so expensive in America...

2iw4n4n.jpg

This is my evening though, I'm happy.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Just tried a new IPA-- Sierra Nevada's Wit IPA-- Had it with a freshly opened tin of 1980's (YES 1980's) Dunhill Elizabethan---- OMG! Sublime!!! But usually beer and pipe not so good so good bourbon for me, neat. In the dead of winter you can't go wrong with a good single malt scotch. (I prefer the Islay Malts)

sailorjeremy

Can't Leave
Feb 25, 2014
Virginia
My all time favorite is Bacardi Oakheart on the rocks or with ginger ale. I don't usually drink beer when I smoke but when I do I drink German or Dutch wheat beer.

checotah

Feb 7, 2012
I really like micro brews, especially IPA's, and of course, Guiness, but not with my pipe. For that a nice cabernet sauvignon, or more preferably, a good single malt Scotch, Irish, or single batch bourbon. Too many to mention, but the good stuff is well worth the cost.

checotah

Feb 7, 2012
@anglesey, Scotch more than doubled in price here in the States about 8-10 years ago. As I understand it, the Chinese discovered, and developed a taste for, Scotch, and have been driving the price up ever since. Doesn't stop me from enjoying it, but has made me a lot more discriminating.

judd

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2014
Two fingers of Makers Mark and one XL bowl of Crown Achievement.

Status
Not open for further replies.