PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
I'll start the ball rolling. I have only been smoking a pipe for a short period of time. However I have several other favorite fall activities that have beautiful or if you like, magical moments. One of them is becoming a favorite place for a bowl of my favored tobacco. Here it is.
A place I go to many times. Wheat field bordered by trees. A small knoll in the midst of the wheat field with a thickly wooded ravine leading down the eastern edge. The secondary growth comes up to my waist. I climb the hill half an hour before sunset, find a place to hunker down and take out one of my favorite cob, in this case a MM CG, and load it with G.L. Pease Odyssey and then, a bit after sunset, moon rise. It's indescribably hauntingly beautiful.
You ladies and gentlemen take it from here.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
When at home, our patio. On the road, any place with a comfortable seat and cover (if called for) from which I can observe nature.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
This topic should have many more posts. I myself, if the occasion is right like to lean up against the little maple next to the pond, watch the sunset and it's reflection. Something about the presence of water adds to the peace for me. Now that it's colder and I prefer to be around the house; my comfortable fold out camping chair and a nice warm bowl of S.P.S. Breckinridge...I don't need much to be happy at the end of the day...primarily just to be seated and alone.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Sitting on the tailgate, scratching the pup's head, data card full of great? shots and a spectacular sunset streaking the sky as the sun drops behind the Alaska Range, all reflected in Cook Inlet or maybe a lake. Of course it's happening earlier and earlier in the day right now. As the days get shorter the photo op window shrinks.

aggravatedfarmer

Sep 9, 2015
Bumbing around outside. Whether it's the house or woods. Last night the sunset was nice and I was sitting in my favorite patio chair in the garage, dog running around and the radio on. Good times.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
As requested. Try again.
dsc_0004_01-600x398.jpg

mortonbriar

Lifer
Oct 25, 2013
New Zealand
Warren, that is just stunning....
I am in spring down here in New Zealand, but I like to sit outside where I can see the stars, hear the waves and still stay out of the wind, I have a good spot for all of that in the back yard.
Isaac

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
Just being outside and enjoying the return of the Fall weather is good enough for me right now. I have only been smoking for 9 months and I have actually never smoked anywhere but on my own property so far. I am looking forward to smoking in some remote location someday.

aggravatedfarmer

Sep 9, 2015
Download-File

I cannot compare to Warren's landscape, but I do see the miracle of life more often than the average person/ doctor.

aggravatedfarmer

Sep 9, 2015
I'm about to find out in thirty minutes if she wants to kick my head off. Will need pipe when I go home for breakfast.

Jan 4, 2015
Massachusetts
I have a porch that overlooks Ipswich Bay with a mammoth rock outcropping in the background (Cape Ann). The slopes are covered in maples, birches and oaks. The color is spectacular and often mirrored in the still water, broken only by the wake of a lobsterman as he makes his way home from a day pulling traps. I often sit there until it's too dark to see and sometimes beyond because a sky full of stars can be pretty breathtaking too.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Just saw the volcano, Warren. Pics are great as well as informative.I wonder if the feds know that volcano is smoking? :lol:

carpart67

Lurker
Jan 21, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Awesome thread, and some very nice places to enjoy a bowl.
I smoke outdoors if at all possible, regardless of the season.(It's where I prefer to be)
If I'm at home I will usually sit on my covered patio.
My favorite place by far though is at my small cabin/camp in the woods. It's located very close to a small babbling brook where I've set up a crude bench. If I'm staying at the "camp" I usually head there with my pipe and coffee shortly after I wake. The only downside is that even aromatics seem to upset the squirrels, and they are vocal about it lol. Pictures can't do the spot justice, the sounds of the forest coming to life in the morning are wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.