PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2015
I thought we could share some photos for Father's Day.
This young man, Cormac (Mac) is my life.
20160518_184212_zpsb5mhrimd.jpg

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
There should be a day set aside every year to honor those of us who've chosen not reproduced in an effort to prevent overpopulation. We are the real heroes!!! :D

but bravo to the fathers out there... most of them anyways.

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
The wife took me shopping for a Fathers Day pipe. Actually I drove, but it was her suggestion. This is the new pipe.

scrooge

Lifer
Apr 24, 2015
The love of my life an proudest moment a man can feel was giving birth to the young man in my avatar. My only child a blessed son. Just remember guys an gals. Yell at them make them stand in the corner, woop them what ever! Just remember to tell them you love them atleast once every day no matter there age. Because like can kick you in the teeth some times. RIP son daddy loves you son. 03/20/1983--02/18/2013

tuold

Lifer
Oct 15, 2013
Beaverton,Oregon
My dad at his wedding in 1952. He'd just returned from the Korean War after being reported KIA to his family. Lucky for me he survived his wounds and made it home! Thanks for hanging in there, Dad.
1-Groom%20Starke_zpskhaggzed.jpg

jerwynn

Lifer
Dec 7, 2011
My dad at my wedding reception in 1978.
dsc00020-302x600.jpg

He passed two years after that. Here he was a decorated war hero so to speak and we(my sister and I) never knew it. Not until my mom passed in 2010 and we were having to go through everything, upon which exercise I found his medals. He was a very stern, austere, and Spartan sort of person... but a backbone of America type.
In a happier vein, here is one of my favorite self-father-pictures, taken in 1990. I'm the happy fellow in the bed... it was some day off and we were trying to catch a bit more of sleep-in when we were charged by a happily raging gaggle of kinder. For a little perspective, the youngest one in the pic, the one in the up-scope position as we called it, just got out of the Marine Corps a couple years back and is going to college on the GI bill. The other son followed to my alma mater and is a public school music teacher, same as me.(I warned him, but.... :)(I'm retired, btw). And my daughter is a professional pastry chef, graduated from CIA in Hyde Park about ten years ago. The three of them are married, work their behinds off, and I am so proud of all three, I could burst. Oh... no grandkids yet... just grand cats and dogs so far! But there's time... Happy Father's Day to all!!
1990-img_4819-600x414.jpg

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
My Dad,sometime in the late 1950's judging from the age of my sister behind him. Guessing from the way he's dressed it was winter. Not sure why he's holding my sisters doll !

dad.jpg

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
This is a picture of a glove exactly like my father's. When I left home and was ready for my own family I made sure it came with me and I left in on my dresser the entire time my son was growing up. The thing it reminded me of daily was my father's total selflessness during my life. I remember so many times coming home from school and putting our gloves on the chair by the back door, just waiting for my father to come home from work. During all those years I don't remember once that he said he'd had a long day at work, then sat in rush hour traffic. He always was there for our throwing/catching sessions. You have to also realize that throwing with me at that time meant running down the street after balls I couldn't throw or watching me run down the street after balls I couldn't catch. He was like this in every way as I was growing up and that glove served as a reminder as my own son grew.

il_570xN.753422150_rk9o.jpg

randelli

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 21, 2015
Scrooge-
I feel ya man! We lost our oldest nearly 7 years ago. He was only half of your son's age, so I don't carry as many memories, but it is still painful on father's day, holidays, and any day that ends in Y. It does eventually get better - or so I am told.
Enjoy the good memories and don't stuff them away.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
Yesterday was my daughter's birthday, so it was a special day for both of us.
At the beach last year. (That's my oldest on the left, not me.)
11836693_10153611419663804_259478818059098989_n-600x450.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.