Father's Day and the 1965 Chevy Project (PICS)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
120 Fresh Peterson Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I don't have kids of my own, can't have any, so Father's Day is often just another day for me. I of course call my dad and wish him a Happy Father's Day, but with no kids I normally just chill out at home. I am however a Youth Pastor and often get to be a spiritual father to lots of kids. Once such young man has been in my flock for 7 years. He lost his own dad about 6 years ago tragically and so I have done my best to fill the gap. We hang out a good bit and he is training to be a mechanic so we work on cars together. He recently bought a 1965 Chevy C10 truck. It needs a good bit of work and the bed was all rotted out, so Sunday, Father's Day we tore it apart. Spent the whole day stripping it down and staining the new wood. Then the last two evenings we reassembled it. Also changed the oil and spark plugs and wires. Sunday night he texted and said, "thanks for the help and for always being like a father to me." Made my day. First Father's Day that has really meant something to me. Here is a pic of us assessing what we were going to need as well as a before and after pic.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's one classy pickup bed. I'm sure your young friend appreciates you now, but over time, when he takes on the responsibilities of family himself, you will become an even more important figure in his life. And he may still have the truck!

ericthered

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2014
Suffolk, VA
This post wins on every level. Kudos to you Dave, for your work both physical and spiritual.
Was there a particular smoking mixture that accompanied this endeavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.