PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
Lee posted this video on Facebook this morning, featuring himself, for an upcoming movie.
"Father the Flame will be a feature-length documentary about slowing down, embracing life, and learning something in the process. It will also be about tobacco pipes."
Father The Flame teaser clip
I also can scarcely imagine how he lives where he does in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. It's like living on the Wall in Game of Thrones. I lived in Minnesota for a while, and I thought it got bad enough at times. It's amazing pipes (of amazing quality) find their way out of that frozen wasteland.
*EDIT - I also found this other preview, a bit longer. Father The Flame documentary preview

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I love Lee's blasts. Some say that they're rustication. Lee says that they're blasts. Whatever. They're beautiful. Better than that, his pipes are smooth sweet smokers. While I'm not always thrilled by his styling, from a performance standpoint, his work is consistently the best I've experienced. His pipes are not inexpensive, but compared to the prices being asked by some of today's anointed superstars, he's the bargain of the century. I seriously doubt that anyone makes a better smoking pipe than Lee Von Erck.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
This "Father of the Flame" thing has been kicking around for years and doesn't seem to be getting any closer to being done.
Lee is,of course, one of America's premier carvers.

May 31, 2012
Man,

I love that super slo-mo!
Looking very good.
They're going to Japan and then Denmark for filming I think?

Release date probably still at least a year away...

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
The advertisement is for a town here in Arizona called Pinetop/Lakeside.

Perhaps he heads this way when winter hits the UP? :)
The video clip was pretty cool ... although I did find myself saying, "It's LIT already"! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.