PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

the85boro

Might Stick Around
Feb 17, 2019
I know this may be old news but I just watched a trailer for a documentary titled "Father The Flame" and it looks AMAZING. If you haven't seen it yet or heard of it then go to youtube and type that in the search bar and enjoy. It will be released in five days on iTunes and Amazon.
BTW it is a documentary about our lifestyle

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
They showed it at the Chicago Show, a year or two ago. I believe it's been revised several times since then. I'll probably check out this final draft when available, as I'm curious about how much they changed it.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
Is this a single video? Or multiple episodes? I thought I saw mention of episode 3 - it's streaming on Amazon now

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Bought it off of iTunes. Watched it the other day and thought the cinematography was outstanding as was the post-production work. It was also interesting and informative. My one negative from it was the continuity wasn’t as smooth in my opinion. At times it just didn’t flow as well.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I poured close to two grand in merchandise supporting the project over several years in hopes of completion, and after so long waiting and so many let downs, I've actually lost interest in it.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I also bought it through iTunes. Very well done except for some continuity issues. I did wish they had focused a bit on tobacco, the stone pipe portion was odd.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
It has a goofy title. It was known for years as "Father of the Flame" (which makes sense) and for some reason they changed it to "Father the Flame" (which doesn't). I'm pretty sure I'm going to pass on this one.

yaddy306

Lifer
Aug 7, 2013
Regina, Canada
It has a goofy title. It was known for years as "Father of the Flame" (which makes sense) and for some reason they changed it to "Father the Flame" (which doesn't).
KC, that always bugged me, too. "Father the Flame"? Sure, we use flames to light pipes, but I don't see that as "fathering" anything. Maybe ancient lighthouse keepers were fathering flames. I put my flame out as soon as the tobacco is smouldering.

Status
Not open for further replies.