PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolflarsen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 29, 2018
I would love to see this film.

Does anybody know how or where I can do so?

Dec 24, 2012
I heard production was delayed. Kevin Spacey was in a number of the scenes and they had to reshoot most of it.

May 8, 2017
Sugar Grove, IL, USA
It debuted at the Chicago International Film Festival this last fall. Lee Erck and Mimmo Romeo were there, along with the entire production team. The film is GREAT. I didn't see the pre-release version shown at the Chicago Pipe Show a couple years ago, but I understand it is very different following editing, adding a score, and the like. I hadn't heard that the film would be shown at the 2019 show, but I'll check with show officers to verify. I'm sure we'd absolutely love to show the film.

pipehunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 20, 2016
I'd love to see it, too. Hopefully, it will be released in a streaming format soon.

litup

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA
I watched it at the Chicago show last year and I loved about 95% of it. The parts I didn't particularly care for were some cosmic clips of the solar system/universe that just didn't seem to fit the terrestrial nature of the film, i.e. briar/flame/smoke/people.
That minor criticism out of the way, the movie was profoundly moving and touched on so much of what we already know - that pipe smoking is sometimes a solitary ritual; that it is sometimes experienced in a community, or that it builds community; that the people who put flame to tobacco have beautiful stories to tell; that life is fleeting . . .
Although pipe smokers will love the film because of the subject matter, it's a film I would recommend to anyone that loves a good story about life.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
The parts I didn't particularly care for were some cosmic clips of the solar system/universe that just didn't seem to fit the terrestrial nature of the film, i.e. briar/flame/smoke/people.
There are some that believe all matter is comprised of star dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.