PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
My son and I played hooky on Friday and went fishing. The guided trip was a birthday gift from my wife. The guide asked what we wanted out of the trip. I told him it was my birthday trip and all of wanted was for my son to catch a good fish.

Mission accomplished! One happy 11 year old!

And I got my first steel head on a fly

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I grew up fishing and crabbing on the tributaries of the Chesapeake.
You are providing lifelong fond memories for yourself and the youngster.
Happy birthday!
jay-roger.jpg

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
What a great day! If I'm not mistaken, his fish looks bigger than yours. :lol: Thanks for sharing the pics.

My daughter, grand daughter, and great grand daughter live in nearby Chico, and we've been to the Feather River a few times. Really beautiful area!

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
The kid will never forget this. Good on you, my three children grew up shrimping , fishing, and now oldest is 51, twins 48, and they still talk about the trips. Love the smile on the boy.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'd be thrilled with your fish, but your kid's is amazing. There was some serious good eating. Did you bake 'em?

thomasw

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 5, 2016
Congratulations on the Steelhead with a fly! Looks like a fantastic day.

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
You done a very good thing Dad! In the end, all we have are memories. Never forget that...(I'm sure he won't)...

buster

Lifer
Sep 1, 2011
Some of the best memories of my dad were of the fishing trips we went on when I was young. So I'm continuing that tradition with my boys. I remember getting up early and hanging out with the adults. I got to hear jokes my mother wouldn't have approved of and lots of good natured teasing. That's what our day was like so it was a good adventure for him.
If you look at the picture of his big fish you can see it dripping white stuff. Wesley my son asked the guide," weird what's all that white stuff coming out of the fish? It's all over the seat." Should have seen his face when the guide told him ," oh it's a big male and that's sperm"We got to see otters up close. He caught two squaw fish as well as that salmon. He gut to excited on his other big fish and grabbed the spool. That's when he lost that fish in all the excitement. So we dished out plenty of good natured ribbing. As fishermen do. So he got to hang out with the old dudes and feel like he was one of the guys. The guide was great working with him. We had lots of laughs. Can't wait to do it again.
We stayed in a hotel two nights and ate fried chicken. Watched Jackie Chan movies and ate snicker doodles. whats not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.