PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
A while back a friend asked me to do a pipe in honor of Farmer Maggot. Well, I didn't hear from for a while and, today he calls and asks if I have started the pipe yet. I said all that was left was cutting the stem and bending it. At which point with many a stutter and stammer he tells me that his wife threw a major fit over him ordering a custom pipe. As I didn't want to be responsible for him sleeping in the garage for the next few months, here it is. If you like I can do a short stem to go along with it.

farmer-242x600.jpg

kf5eqv

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2011
Oklahoma
That sucks for the person who wanted it, I think every married man here feels his pain. :wink:
Very nice looking pipe. If I wasn't already invested in Pokerdog...

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
I like that pipe and Mother's Day is this Sunday. HMMM maybe a nice gift for Mom. And if she doesn't like it she can give it back to me for Father's Day.

yuri66

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 17, 2010
Hey Arthur,
That's why I checked with the Ministerial of Financial issues prior to ordering. Although I do not mind sleeping in the Garage, I am kind of used to it......No, not because of the wife tossing me out but woirking on things and falling asleep after a long day :crazy:

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Sorry I beat you to it Bubba, not really. This pipe is great, smoked some Penzance and it was superb. Nice feel, really like the size. The better half even commented on the great lines of the long stem version. Thanks again Authur.

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
Just started watching LoTR again and had an epiphany! Farmer Maggot is the farmer Merry and Pippin are stealing crops from! This was probably obvious but I didn't realise. :)
A minute later:

- What? That was just a detour. A shortcut.

- Shortcut to what?

- Mushrooms!

Now I have shortcut to mushrooms explained as well! xD

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
I've read the books once but that was a good many years ago and in Swedish, but I just got myself a copy in e-book form that I will enjoy reading the coming week(s), and in the original language to boot. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.