PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Anyone else watching the new season of Fargo on FX? Two episodes in, it's pretty intriguing.

Ewan McGregor plays two roles (brothers) which is interesting.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead is a also very good (and gorgeous!)

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Man, I am all in! Great timing on the A/C accidental fall!
I also recorded the last two eps of the previous series, for old time's sake. Glad I did.

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
Watched all 3 seasons. As a South Dakotan by rearing I can say " Yah, South Dakotans talk like those character much of the time, doncha know?" :D Last season ended in that shoot-out in Sioux Falls, S.D., my wife's home town.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Apparently there were some nods to "The Big Lebowski". I didn't really care for that Coen brothers effort, so it was lost on me.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
For three seasons now we've enjoyed incredible casting, great story lines, offbeat dialogue, Season 2 being a prequel to Season 1, UFOs, Ronald Reagan on the hustings and now Ewan McGregor playing brothers who are polar opposites.
Weird. Quirky. Darkly funny.
And for you SJW types, this series is as politically correct as it gets. The woman are strong, fierce and loyal. Some are misguided - like so many of the male characters - and deserve to die. And die they do. Minorities are equally as well represented. There have been formidable African American and Native American characters plus folks with physical disabilities. Most of these characters are criminals and they eventually get their just desserts, but they do represent a fabulous cross section of the U.S populace.
It's very likely one of the best TV shows you're not watching.
Fnord

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well said Fnord! HBO tried this with "True Detective" and couldn't pull it off. I think that the Coen brothers creativity is the key. By comparison, the movie was good, the tv series, great.

sdcowboy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 24, 2011
Rapid City, SD
"Watched all 3 seasons. As a South Dakotan by rearing I can say " Yah, South Dakotans talk like those character much of the time, doncha know?" Last season ended in that shoot-out in Sioux Falls, S.D., my wife's home town."
Irish, that might be true in eastern SD, but not here in Rapid City. I went to college in Fargo-Moorhead, and I have a lot of relatives in that part of the country as well. Here in the Black Hills, our dialect is decidedly Rocky Mountain west. We have some people around here who talk like the "Fargo" folk, but they are transplants from east of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.