PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I'm a big fan. I didn't think they could to Season 1, but Season two is even better. There's probably not a better show on television at the moment.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/fargo-season-2

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
The Coen Bros. film is one of my all time favorite movies. I haven't had access to the tv series. Sounds like I'll enjoy it if I ever do.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Fargo the movie was terrific, but the show is far better. With close to 15 hours to weave the tale, the plot is much more intricate.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
I started the following thread a year ago and was not surprised to see our resident Cajun and Al back for Round Two.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/fargo-on-fx
Jesse will be along eventually as will Mr. Bob. and Peck.
I love that the writers stepped back a generation and it's easy for me to see how Patrick Wilson's character evolves into Keith Carradine's wonderful character from Season One. But, Jeffrey Donavon, as psychopathic Dodd Gerhardt is every bit as good.
This series has been blessed by the Coens - thank God - and the writers don't disappoint.
I really hope others pick up on this show. There's nothing weirder, darker or funnier on TV these days.
And, damn, I have no idea where the UFO and Ronald Reagan threads are going. But it'll fun finding out.
Fnord

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
There's probably not a better show on television at the moment
I agree whole heartedly! I watched Season 1 because of the trailers with Billy Bob Thornton, then I watched the movie, and now I'm a complete Fargo nut! Can't wait for the next episode, and constantly run through scenarios in my mind between them.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
And, damn, I have no idea where the UFO and Ronald Reagan threads are going. But it'll fun finding out.
That is definitely the wild card of the story.
Jean Smart is great. I never really like Brad Garrett as a comedian, but he's perfect in this role. I suspect a rough ending for his character.
I don't know much about the guy playing "Sonny", but he is as menacing a character as I've seen.
Scratch the above - the character is Hanzee Dent, the Gerhardt henchman:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/120754-who-is-hanzee-dent-on-fargo-season-2-the-gherhardts-henchman-is-a-mysterious-man

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Dodds actor played in The Burn, thought highly of him, and now he's knocking it out the park as Dodd.like the Dry humor, didn't disappoint as True Dectivies, second season, that was a piece of crap, Vince Vaughn thou was damn good as a bad ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.