PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2011
I'm surprised this tobacco doesnt get talked about more on this forum. A lot of people recommended this to me when I wanted a good lat bomb in bulk and this stuff fits the bill quite nicely. I threw a pound of this in with my Nording purchase and will be ordering at least a couple of more pounds of it. Broken flake, black and brown, the bag aroma is delicious, very smoky and earthy. The flakes are a little damp and need a good bit of dry time, and I rub this flake out more than I do most of my others. Very slow burning so you get a nice long smoke out of it. The flavor is nothing short of amazing. Very smoky out of the gate, almost meaty like burnt steak with just the right amount of sweetness, almost like a barbecue maple hickory cured flavor. Burns down to a powdery grey ash, nicotine content doesnt really seem all that high but Ive been smoking a lot of burley blends lately too so that may be a factor. If you like English and Latakia blends, this is almost what I would call "familiar", like good comfort food, something you always want to have when the mood strikes you. Very tasty and the retrohale smells wonderful, very full and something to be enjoyed after a big meal, perfect for sitting down with a good book or to smoke out on the deck and have a little quiet time.

bubblehead33

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 17, 2012
Canada
I've looked at Lancer Slices a few times now but I think the trigger will be pulled on it for my next TAD. Thanks Novelist!

Jul 15, 2011
Bubblehead, if you like Latakia in high doses it is definitely worth at least an 8 ounce bag. It doesnt hurt anything that the stuff is, at the moment anyway, pretty damn cheap.

Jul 15, 2011
I put in an order today with smokingpipes.com but they were out of stock.
Uhhhhhhhhhh....I didn't think I bought the last of it, but if I did, my bad. :?
Another good thing about this blend is all the big name retailers and site sponsors carry it, so it shouldn't be too hard to find even if someone is out of stock. Getting ready to light up a bowl here in a few minutes. Really good stuff.

Jul 15, 2011
The flakes that arrived in my bag were glittering with those oh-so-sparkly crystals that signify a well aged tobacco. I dont know if the stuff is just matured that long before they ship it or if mine had been sitting for a while, but either way this stuff is absolutely delicious. I cant get enough of it. Smoked it in my Nording Freehand tonight and watched a few episodes of House, sipping on some iced tea, just chilling in the living room. Life doesnt get much better than that.

daytonsean

Lifer
Aug 28, 2012
Dayton
I'm sure when you ordered a pound of it with your Nording it had at least something to do with their stock issue. :mrgreen:
When it's back in stock I will be hitting them up for a bit of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.