PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

doctorbob

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 18, 2014
Grand Ledge, Michigan
George's recent posts had me thinking about what I desire in a pipe (besides the obvious engineering aspects). This pipe hits all my targets. It is a post-war family era Sasieni Four Dot "Liverpool" in the lighter variant of the Ruff Root sandblasted finish that has survived remarkably well.
Most Sasieni blasts that I have come across have a more muted, less 'crisp' texture to the finish, with this pipe being a striking exception to the rule. A nice, fully realized sandblast that remains factory-fresh. Both sides are wonderfully symmetrical, and the light, natural finish has aged into a rich, highlighted grain patina that combines with the surface texture perfectly. The stem is mint.
I feel this is a true exemplar of the British factory pipe-making tradition.
20171102_141925-600x337.jpg

20171102_142001-600x337.jpg

20171102_141731-600x337.jpg

Oh, and it's a sitter!
Doc

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
OOooooooo.... :clap:
That's about as nice as they get, right there. Dayum. 8)
I have one of the smooth versions of the same model. I'll post it soon.

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Bob, very good looking example! I have to agree with what you said about Sasieni blasts, but as you also said, that pipe is a "...striking exception to the rule.". Shape 62, I have a rusticated Old England in the shape.
:)

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
That is a great example. I don't know what it is but my Ruff Root Sasieni's are all fantastic smokers and I think they're stem work in that era outshines Dunhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.