PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

will346

Lurker
Nov 30, 2015
I'm thinking about buying a meerschaum bowl to compliment my collection for my falcon pipe stems. I'm just wondering has anyone else tried them. It seems like it may be a bit of a gimmick and I have concerns about the durability of such bowls, what with screwing them on and off. However, I don't like the meerschaum lined bowls and I would like to have just one stem and bowl combination to leave at my job for smoking there on a regular basis. Any thoughts appreciated.

dhintonca

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I have several stems and bowls - one of mine is a custom made meer with a cork ring for the mount. It's about a year old now and doesn't seem to be showing any signs of wear. It still screws in solidly with no leaks. As far as smoking, it's like any other meer and any other falcon bowl!

ray47

Lifer
Jul 10, 2015
Dalzell, South Carolina
I purchased 2 meerschaum bowls last year. One broke in half at the base and the other is still going strong. If you get one, make sure they are completely cooled down before removing them from the stem. Also don't keep the bowl attached to the stem if your not smoking it. I think that is the reason the first bowl split in half. They smoke great and handle any blend just fine.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
meerqueen can set you up.

IMG_20160229_173013960.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.