Falcon pipes???

(17 posts)
  • Started 2 years ago by jchaplick
  • Latest reply from Pipe Novelist
  1. jchaplick

jchaplick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ive really been looking hard at these, does anyone have any experience with them? If some one could post a review of one i would be very appreciative.

Im looking at these as maybe a hunting or outdoor pipe. Take the stem and two or three bowls pre filled wrapped in seran wrap or tin foil to smoke as the day progresses.

Any info would be nice

Congress seems to believe that 'Children are our future' is a phrase coined by tobacco advertisers.
    Jef I. Richards
    Posted 2 years ago #
  2. tobakenist

tobakenist

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

They are an excellent travel pipe, easy to maintain and like you say, carry extra bowls.

Regards Ken,
    I am not young enough to know everything.
    Posted 2 years ago #
  3. bigvan

bigvan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Not my cup of tea.

Personally I've never had a problem carrying a pipe or two plus a roll-up tobacco pouch; through the woods, on the water, etc.

Posted 2 years ago #
  4. withnail

withnail

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I had a Falcon for quite a while (until some one walked off with it from the pub) and I think it would be perfect for what you want. The metal stems are quite strong and the bowls are easy to change. It also means you can build up your pipe collection for just the price of the new bowls. That makes it cheaper to have a bowl for each style of tobacco you smoke. I would certainly have another Falcon. They are a "love them or hate them" kind of pipe though!

Albert Einstein said "I believe that pipe smoking contributes to a somewhat calm and objective judgement in all human affairs"
    Posted 2 years ago #
  5. ace57

ace57

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have six and really like them. I turn off the bowl after each smoke and just wipe them out then I blow down the stem, it's good to go. Nice cool clean smoke and if You pack it to tight turn off the bowl and just push up the baccy a bit with a pipe tool. The stem is not to be re moved but it can be but I don't. Myself I just use a pipe cleaner every 2 days on mine.

U.S.M.C. (SEMPER FI)
    Posted 2 years ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Nope, don't like them.

Posted 2 years ago #
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

About Falcon pipes, they are okay but I got tired of having to wipe out the humidome after every smoke with a tissue, that gets old real quick and I have never had a problem carrying a couple of pipes and a pouch of tobacco with me, whether on land, air or sea.

Posted 2 years ago #
  8. jcsnaps

jcsnaps

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Have 2, like them, but they aren't my go to every day pipes.

Posted 2 years ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I am interested in one of those as well and I have heard exactly what withnail said Love it or hate it. I love the fact that you can have several bowls and one stem cutting down the expenses.

@ Marc: what do you mean by humidome and why the wipe out is so bad, we have to clean our pipes anyways

Posted 2 years ago #
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I am interested in one of those as well and I have heard exactly what withnail said Love it or hate it. I love the fact that you can have several bowls and one stem cutting down the expenses.

@ Marc: what do you mean by humidome and why the wipe out is so bad, we have to clean our pipes anyways

The humidome is the trap beneath the Falcon bowl that collects the moisture and when you smoke as many bowls as I do in a day having to unscrew the bowl, wipe it out, then screw the bowl back on before the next smoke just becomes a pain in the butt, at least for me it was, there is a big difference between running a pipe cleaner through a pipe after a smoke and having to disassemble a pipe after a smoke, too much interval maintenance required to be all day smoker for me, so my Falcon pipe smoking experience was short lived.

Posted 2 years ago #
  11. ace57

ace57

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I smoke My Falcon about 15-18 bowls a day, takes Me about 6sec. to remove bowl wipe out and turn bowl back on.

Posted 2 years ago #
  12. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I smoke My Falcon about 15-18 bowls a day, takes Me about 6sec. to remove bowl wipe out and turn bowl back on.

If I was retired and stayed at home it might be a different story, but I smoke a lot while driving on business travel and it is not conducive to safe driving while trying to clean a pipe between smokes at 70 mph.

Posted 2 years ago #
  13. ace57

ace57

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

If I was retired and stayed at home it might be a different story, but I smoke a lot while driving on business travel and it is not conducive to safe driving.

Marc, You hit it head on. It is a pipe for just sitting around and not for messing with when You need both hands free. I'm retired so it works well for Me at home. Most of the time when I go some place I take a pipe that I don't have to mess with wiping out.

Posted 2 years ago #
  14. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

If I was retired and stayed at home it might be a different story, but I smoke a lot while driving on business travel and it is not conducive to safe driving.

Marc, You hit it head on. It is a pipe for just sitting around and not for messing with when You need both hands free. I'm retired so it works well for Me at home. Most of the time when I go some place I take a pipe that I don't have to mess with wiping out.

Other than that, I have no issues with a Falcon pipe and would recommend to anyone! It's a great way to build a pipe rotation at minimal expense, a stem and three bowls and you are good to go!

Posted 2 years ago #
  15. uberam3rica

Uberam3rica

Mod

Login to Send PM

I have a Falcon and i find it to always be a nice smoke

As long as I got a pipe full of baccy and a nose full of snuff, I'm a happy camper
    Cigarettes are an addiction, cigars are a hobby, pipes are a religion
    Posted 2 years ago #
  16. danindayton

danindayton

Login to Send PM

I have a couple of Falcons and and a couple of the Dr. Grabow "Vikings". I make a filter ring from a pipe cleaner and put it in the humidrome and get 3 or 4 smokes before I need to clean the humidrome (learned a new word today). They smoke well and are almost indistructable.

Danindayton
    ilurkalot

Posted 2 years ago #
  17. matchstickman

Pipe Novelist

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have a Falcon pipe that doesn't get much use, though Im not really sure why. Its a very nice smoke and I have to say that out of all the estate pipes I own, it was the easiest to restore. Remove bowl, swab the inside with Everclear. Take a paper towl dipped in Everclear and swab out the metal chamber bottom. Run Everclear soaked stem through the inside and it is good to go.

Posted 2 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   mrenglish, beefeater33, cosmicfolklore, rob71, shaintiques, aristokles, phil67, coalsmoke, shutterbug, peteguy, yazamitaz, conlejm, greatbrittn, macabra11, tfdickson, woodsroad, northernneil, daimyo, msandoval858, fishnbanjo, crimsonrat, saint007, tuold, mcitinner1, randyb, sparrowhawk, hiplainsdrifter, huntertrw, ember, meerqueen