PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

chargerucd

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2013
Hello guys,

I'm a newbie and I didn't know where to ask this question, so I just posted it here. And here it is!

I have bought 2 falcon estate piped, cleaned them and tried some classics burley cake. This tobacco smokes great con corncobs. But I wanted to ask if there was a tobacco that works best in falcon pipes??? Or these pipes will work great with everything?????

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
They work for anything. I smoked Falcon's and nothing else for awhile and never ran into any problems.
Try not to cross tobacco types though, like smoking an aromatic and then switching to an English. If you like aromatics, dedicate a bowl to it.
The Bantam sized bowls (the smallest) work really good with high nic tobaccos. These are bowls made for a shorter stemmed Falcon called the Bantam line. They do not make the stems any longer; but the bowls are in production. For longer smokes, check out their Classic range, these are larger bowls, around Dunhill group 5 or 6.

chargerucd

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2013
Ok,

Thanks for the reply, that's what I was thinking.

The falcons seem to be great to maintain since the aluminum base can be dissasembled and thoroughly cleaned.
I like them so far.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
They are great smoking pipes. The only drawback is if you do not have a filter in, the juices can can come out the mouthpiece. I once put a Falcon in my shirt pocket and ended up juice in my pocket. Nasty.
In addition to the filter rings, you can clip off a piece of pipe cleaner and wrap it around the reservoir, works just as well. I will typically do this if traveling with the Falcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.