PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
I recently posted about the difference of two falcon pipes and didn't get too much information about it but it has arrived so I can now inspect it closer. Well, to say the least I am pretty bummed out. The stem was removed and the inner tube loose and leaking air. This upset me quite a bit as I like the look of these falcons and I'm not sure how great this one will preform with these issues.
I was thinking I could possibly replace the inner tube, I have read that an aluminum tubing could be purchased at a hobby store. But then it would not have that design on the stem that was meant to aid in cooling the smoke. Also the seal may still not be the best.
Has anyone here had any luck with repairing one of these in that manner? Any tips? I appreciate your time, thanks!

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Contact the seller and tell them you want your money back - that the item was mis-represented.
OR - if the price was low, keep it for the bowl, and buy a good used Falcon, that way you'll have a couple of bowls. Plenty of good ones on ebay, just read the info carefully and look closely at the pictures. Don't buy anything that has a dent, gap in the stem fitting, or a batch of chatter (tooth marks).
A good Falcon is a great pipe, that travels well and is a cool smoker.

redbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2013
I ended up getting a small refund for the pipe due to its condition. I put some work into it and it cleaned up ok. The inner tube is dent up and isn't sealed properly. It came with two bowls so I should be able to use them with another stem in the future (my spending this month is shot already).
But I do have a few questions:
1.) is there a way to seal up the tubing? I don't like the thought of glue because if my pipe cleaner loosens it in anyway it will be inhaled and that doesn't sound too appealing does it LOL.
2.) if I were to get a new tube from a hobby store, anyone know the size of the tubing? Also if I go that route, is there a way to add that design to the stem so it looks stock? My understanding is that the added surface area adds to the cooling of the smoke.
Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.