PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
I don't think those are made by Falcon. It says they have plastic shanks. Barlow and Dorr or something or other. I wonder if the bowls will fit a Falcon.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
Crap, well, I'll find out. Well, if the bowls are briar and the fit the one I have, still a winner. But the last time I won anything was at the Unicorn Races.

CosICould
Edit-- says the bowls are unique. Was going to try to cancel, but at 8.33 a piece I'll use it for trying things out.

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
Hopefully it smokes well and you are pleasantly surprised by them. They must be a little lighter than a falcon because of lighter material. Best of luck to you.

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
Thanks, Fluffie. The Falcon I have seems a little light on its own. Guess I may have to check and see if it's a fake, though it says Falcon on it.

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
Nevadablue might be onto something.

Cosmicbobo, are you in the US? And, how do you feel about estate pipes? I have a Falcon that's in good condition that I never use anymore. I'd clean it up and send it to you for nothing if you're stateside. The catch is the only thing I've ever smoked out of it is Condor Plug. I'm sure the bowl is ghosted with it.

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
Thanks, Fluffie. I live in Saint Louis. I will try to post a pic of the Falcon I do have, I think. I am pretty long on pipes, but not opposed to making a deal down the road. As I have mentioned in other threads, maybe even this one, I don't get around and we are trying to set this house up for my lack of mobility at the moment. Oh, as to estate pipes, just getting into them.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Oh, as to estate pipes, just getting into them.
Your in for a grand adventure! Some wonderful pieces out there that would otherwise be impossible to find!

fluffie666

Can't Leave
Apr 4, 2014
Pm me an address whenever you want me to get that out to you. I'll give it a good cleaning and a little buff to the bit. I'll try to put up a pic here too. It's black. A neat looking falcon. A gift among pipers.

oldmansmoking

May 13, 2017
UK
Sure those pipes are not Falcon, far too cheap, will be interested how they smoke?

Sadly not even constructed like a Falcon. Falcons have a middle smoking tube and they are aluminium.

Surprised they can use the name Falcon.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I would be very wary of smoking a pipe with a plastic shank.
As to the claim they are made in France, I would wager they were really made in China.
Just my thoughts.
Regards,
Jay.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Kind of interesting, in the knock-off category. The idea that someone thinks there is money to be made in lookalike patented pipes is amusing, maybe hopeful in some way. Someone smells money.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Those are the same pipes P&C was selling under the name "Coffee Break" pipes. As soon as I posted a negative review on the site, the product disappeared.
I bought one as one of my first pipes.
VERY cheaply made. The bit and briar bowl are OK, basic and cheap, but OK.
The shank is plastic similar to what model cars were made from in the 70's-80's.
Chromed plastic, (ABS?). I used mine for the one tin of aro I got free in an order.
Smoked maybe once every 10 days.
The plastic spot directly beneath the bottom hole in the briar is now a bit deformed from heat. I'm about to toss it and use a cob for the aro duty.
Also, the briar would not fit a Falcon. It's a smaller diameter on the threaded portion.
jay-roger.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.