PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I have been thinking about buying a Falcon for nostalgic reasons. When I was a boy, an elderly neighbor smoked Sail tobacco exclusively in his Falcon pipe. I loved the smell and wished I was 18 so I could smoke some of that delicious smelling tobacco. I would like to own a Falcon as a tribute to him. Thanks for the brochure!

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I'll be honest with everyone. Here's my current pipe inventory:
La Rocca Canadian (1st pipe)

Irish "tourist" clay pipe

Stanwell dublin

Stanwell full bent apple

Meerschaum billard

Meeracahum bent egg

6 Ratray cuttys

2 Falcons
The Falcons currently my favorite smokers. I can't put my finger on why. I think I like the concept of switching out the bowls istead of a whole pipe. I'm contemplating dedicating bowls to specific tobaccos and few bowls to a few blends.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
I had nothing but Comoy and Peterson pipes before I got an estate Falcon, cleaned it up and fell in love. They are great for travel since you take one pipe and as many bowls as needed. Currently listed on the forum is a WEEKEND KIT post that is a great idea.
I now have 2 straights, and purchased a slight curved estate for my wife to try. If she likes it, for Christmas she'll get a Shillalagh, or Merton's has a green one available.

leacha

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 19, 2013
Colorado
I've been watching eBay for a Shillalagh and nothing comes up. Your wife is one lucky lady.

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
In the spirit of this thread, here's a vintage advertisement for the Falcon pipe:
15df4c0cb89c95bf24b2f11375b89974.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.