PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

pipingnate

Lurker
Mar 26, 2015
Does anyone know of Falcon changing bowl threading over the years? One down in the Classifieds that's catching my eye and the draw to Falcon pipes is the fact that I can have a bowl for aros, a bowl for VaPers, a bowl for VaBurs, a bowl for Englisheseses, a bowl for whatever and just keep one stem. Pre-1968 US Falcon.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
The Alco bowls will not fit the regular Falcon stems. I've seen some Alco bowls being sold for the Falcon, but they were a separate line entirely. Regular Falcon bowls will also fit the Interational stems as well.

pipingnate

Lurker
Mar 26, 2015
mrenglish You have definitely made me educate myself on the history of Falcon (aka Alco). Very interesting stuff.

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
There is a book called Back from the Ashes by K.A. Worth. She is the granddaughter of George Hunt. Very interesting book, you should check it out if you can. Amazon has it in Kindle for a couple bucks and every so often Ms. Worth sells copies of it in eBay and Etsy..
This site has a lot of information on metal pipes in general and is a good resource:
Smoking Metals

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Got a note from Kathy awhile ago. She's now just selling from Etsy, evidently Ebay up their costs. Her book is an outstanding resource for anyone interested in Falcons.

Status
Not open for further replies.