F Me - Clay PAD attack, amongst other things

(10 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by undecagon
  • Latest reply from aussielass
  1. undecagon

undecagon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I foolishly allowed myself to re-watch Gangs of New York last night. One of my favorites, but now on my soon to be ordered list is a large smokingpipes.com TAD relief, a forever stem.....AND A CLAY PIPE!! Damn, it never ends. And now Iwan Ries has a sale threw Saturday...oye vey! As long as I avoid the train station I'm ok w/ that one...

But, need some help on my clay search. Found these: http://www.pipeshoppe.com/ps_clay.php

Suggestions from there? Other good sources? Thoughts on clay pipes in general?

Also...who else was bothered in the first Sherlock Holmes movie w/ RDJ when they kept referring to his briar as a clay pipe?!?

"I said NO camels, that's FIVE camels...can't you count?!"
    AJHvibes.com
    Posted 7 years ago #
  2. philip

Philip

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Pawpaw likes his clay pipes. Pawpaw's dirt.

I'm not sure where he got them.

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. pawpaw

pawpaw

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

undecagon that link looks like he has some nice pipes for a nice price i smoke one similar to the 6 inch coloinial

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. thesmokindragon

thesmokindragon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

DANG! I have been holding off on the clay pipe PAD for awhile, but with http://www.pipeshoppe.com's combos I
    just might break since the holidays are right around the corner and both my Uncle and I are both pipers, what better time to score some clays for myself and x-mas gift to Uncle

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. olderthandirt

OTD

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Heather Coleman of Dawnmist Studio has gotten repeated good reviews for her clays. When I do get around to getting one that's prolly where I'll end up buying.

Snus, snuff and briar.
    Not much more required in a day.
    Brian from Oregon USA
    Posted 7 years ago #
  6. jchaplick

jchaplick

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have the baker street pipe from pipeshoppe.com and it does me fine, its neat, it has discolored alot and is neat looking, smokes well but is pretty fragile

Congress seems to believe that 'Children are our future' is a phrase coined by tobacco advertisers.
    Jef I. Richards
    Posted 7 years ago #
  7. olderthandirt

OTD

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just took a spin around the PipeShoppe site. Helluva selection and prices and in stock.
    Have this site added to my bookmarks now, glad it came up in discussion undecagon.

Posted 7 years ago #
  8. wallbright

wallbright

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Wow the 16" one looks like a good next churchwarden purchase.

Posted 7 years ago #
  9. thesmokindragon

thesmokindragon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I keep run'in up the online cart and walking away...about to hit process on
    their combo of 4", 7" and 8" tavern clays...

Posted 7 years ago #
  10. aussielass

aussielass

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I got a few clays on eBay.co.uk - personally I'd prefer to get genuine old/antique ones. It's amazing how many have survived the years both smoked & unsmoked. The end up being less expensive or around te same price too. Paronelli Pipes sent me 3 Italian or French (think it was the latter) as gifts and they're just gorgeous.

Stats: Female "Proud Pretty Pipe" Smoker, lover of all things aromatic, especially mens' armpits!
    Technophobic fool who can't work out how to invite friends, so if you want to be mates with moi, you'll need to do the legwork involved, but only if you have a great SOH and don't dump on others!
    Posted 7 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   alaskanpiper, mso489, forciori, kylef, loborx, olkofri, dmcmtk, donjgiles, doug535, lawdawg, username, jaytex969, milehighpiper