Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Just bought an unsmoked pipe by this Argentinian maker on eBay. Light as a feather, and excellent heat dispersion. Puffed away on Astley 44 and it barely got warm where another pipe would start to glow red. Excellent engineering. The only curiosity was the bowl interior which was left a little rough.
Altogether a winner! Anyone else familiar with this maker?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EZEQUIEL-HERRERIA-ARGENTINA-PIPE-UNSMOKED-/380994195110?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=T78%252B9KpJudwrY%252BG3OygVilRgrvw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

mrenglish

Lifer
Dec 25, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
That is a nice pipe! Never heard of this fella but I am wondering if he is the same Herreria who is working with Drew Estates on a line of cigars under the Herreria name?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
That's a mighty fine Canadian, and light as a feather is a high recommendation for a longer pipe. Love that stately shape.

Recently bought two more long-shank pipes myself, a Stanwell and a Johs, and they are great smokes.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Jesse stay away from his pipes, he makes them from Dissapearing Pecker Wood, as you smoke your Pecker gets shorter and the pipe gets longer, you got to know when to stop smoking or you"ll be getting a jerry curl soon.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Hi Brad, thanks for the warning. At my age, disappearing pecker wood can be a concern.
Peck thanks for the compliment. The lunar surface quality is part of the reason that I bid for it.
As for the shape, it's a Liverpool, since the shank is round, not oval.
Herreria has a couple of videos of him making a pipe. Clearly a very hand made process.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GyulHcvhpU

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I"ve not had the language to describe birdseye blasted in this lunar fashion; reminds me of the ivory pipe made by DSH Pipes and Askwith for the Chicago show.

Novel and interesting, a winner.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I was going to say craggy coral but I see the moonscape reference. That is a beautiful pipe sable regardless of how you describe it.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
I looked at that and went in another direction, glad it was someone on the forum that got it, let us know what you think of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.